Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Pads | Review


Throughout the past year skincare has become really important to me. This has meant trying out a ton of different products and finding out what works and what doesn't for my skin. Just like in makeup (and even more so in skincare) different products work differently for different people so there has been a lot of trial and error in finding what I really like. I always look for advice and read on up on products before trying them out to weed through the duds but I never really know for sure until I try them for myself. I am absolutely in love with my Dr. Dennis Gross Acne Pads but, since my skin has cleared up I wanted something a little less harsh just to maintain my results and clear up any little spots or blackheads that may periodically pop up. 

 I've been using these pads for about a month now and they have been working out amazingly for me. I use them twice a day and my skin as been softer than ever. I still get the occasional spot but, the overall condition of my skin has continued to really improve. My pores look smaller and I no longer have any little clusters of small bumps on my face. I use them right after cleansing and I never feel like they leave me dry or irritated. 

I would say that one of the main differences between the Dr. Dennis Gross Acne Pads and the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Pads is that the Acne Pads are more targeted for clearing acne while the Max Complexion Pads are for overall texture. These pads not only clear acne and blackheads but they also help with wrinkles and the overall texture of your skin because it helps with speeding up the skin's cell turnover rate. Also, unlike the Acne Pads the Max Complexion pads don't burn at all which is nice for those who can't handle that itchy burning sensation (although personally I don't mind it.) The only thing I'm on the fence about with this product is the scent. They are peach bellini scented which in theory sounds amazing but that means that they genuinely smell like liquor. The whole thing is all fun and dandy until you have a rough night and you try to rub one of these pads on your face in the morning. It hasn't happened to me yet but I'm dreading the day. 

These Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Pads are definitely a great product to try if you have some texture issues but want to avoid the burning sensation of similar products. I'm always on the hunt for new products but, I think I am going to stick with these for awhile. 

No comments :

Post a Comment