Thursday, March 24, 2016

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Neutralizers | Review


Everyone and their mother has color correctors now. You can't be in drug stores or high-end boutiques or shops without seeing at least one color corrector from every brand and I have to say they're getting pretty creative with it. There's liquids, creams, and primers but there's also infusion drops, sticks, and powders compiled in every style imaginable. No brand has been able to help itself from creating a new product or remarketing an old favorite.

Even Yves Saint Laurent couldn't help themselves and revamped their notoriously popular Touche Eclat Highlighting Concealer into color correctors. All the same benefits and same formula as the original but now in neutralizing color correcting shades that effortlessly give you a more radiant and flawless complexion. They have three colors - bisque (dark circles), green (redness), and violet (sallowness). 

The Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Neutralizers have a hydrating and lightweight formula that is easy to blend and layer in order to give your skin the most even and skin like appearance even after adding foundation and concealer. 

I picked up the violet and the green shades but, I'm not going to lie I was a bit skeptical at first - especially about the green one. I trusted the violet shade though because I have recently become obsessed with pink and purple color correctors because I think they are perfect for giving me a bright base for my highlights. As far as the green I felt like the last thing I wanted to do was highlight an area that I'm trying to draw attention away from - clearly I wasn't skeptical enough though because I still decided to give it a shot. 

I ended up loving both... I think that the green is actually my favorite green corrector. Typically I find greens hard to cover. They often leave a green cast even when covered but, I actually think that this green works amazingly. The color is pigmented but not too dark and since the consistency is so thin it's easy to blend and it's even easier to cover. It leaves my skin looking even without any trace of residual green or red. The violet is also lovely, when it's layered underneath foundation it leaves your skin bright and softly glowing. I love using violet on the high points of my cheeks for an extra little pop. 

I really like them both but, there's tons of amazing violet/purple correctors out there so if you need a green this is a serious must try! 

No comments :

Post a Comment