Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Favorite Fall Lip Products


I am so obsessed with fall primarily because it means that I can start wearing my favorite lipstick shades...not to say that I don't always wear them because I do, but in the fall it just seems to be a little more acceptable. Here is a list of my favorites in no particular order of favorite, just down the list:

Nars - Tanganyka: Tanganyka is a sheer shiny brown / burgundy wine color.  I love this lipstick so much its longwearing and it never feels drying on the lips. The color just warms up your make-up look just enough. Occasionally after i wear it for a long time it looses its shine and looks like a stain but I personally think it looks really good like that too.

Maybelline - Plum Perfect: This little darling is such a perfect rich red plum color. It is more bold than the Nars Tanganyka because it is very bold and opaque but i would consider them to be in the same color family. It's very nourishing and its long lasting as well so whats not to like?! ... nothing, because its perfect. 


Revlon Va Va Violet: Va Va Violet is a very deep dark purple vampy lip shade. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on this product but I personally love it and it works well for me. It has a very opaque color and is quite long lasting for the most part. After a while it sometimes gets a bit cracky and icky so touch ups are necessary because if not it looks a bit scary. It is also a bit drying so if you have dry lips this might not be the best product for you.


Lime Crime - Serpintina: Serpintina is a beautiful jewel emerald shade. If you want to make a statement this color is for you. It's an absolutely gorgeous opaque color and looks amazing with a light gold eye. It's one of the nourishing and long lasting lipsticks i have ever had plus its vegan.


MAC - Nocturnal Instincts: Nocturnal Instincts is a slightly greyed pink toned lavender shade. It is a mattene lipstick so it is pretty matte (obviously) but it is also smooth and creamy. It's very opaque on the lips and is pretty long lasting. Sometimes after wearing it for a long period of time it gets a little dry but a clear lipgloss fixes it right up. 


Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer - Nude Eclipse: Nude Eclipse is as nude as a cute little hippy chick rolling deep at burning man. This is the best nude that I have ever had. It's a full coverage lacquer and the best part is that it isn't sticky at all. It feels very light on the lips and something about how soft the texture is just makes me so happy. 



So there they are, my favorite lip products for fall. Try them out and tell me your favorites ;)

- Lexi 

No comments :

Post a Comment