Wednesday, March 30, 2016

ColourPop Brow Pencil and Brow Colour (Bangin Brunette) | Review

Three cheers for new eyebrow products! Over the past few months I've been letting my eyebrows grow out into their naturally bush-tastic glory. It wasn't my original intention but, the last lady to thread my eyebrows borderline destroyed them and I've been looking very unsymmetrical for quite sometime as I've waited for the right brow to refill the bottom of itself. It's been about 4-5 months since I've gotten my brows done but, we are finally almost back in business. Since my eyebrows are really full now I've had to be careful and tweak my eyebrow routine in order to make sure that they don't come off looking too intense when I fill them in. This obviously means trying new products (because I always need a good excuse to buy more makeup.)

I've clearly come to the conclusion that no matter what my brows will in some way, shape, or form look pretty defined when I do them. They're big and that is the nature of them - I don't hate it, I just have to keep it in check because I've been down the too harsh eyebrow road before and I'd prefer to never go back. 


[Top: Brow Colour | Bottom: Brow Pencil]

Enter the ColourPop Brow Pencil and Brow Color - the newest editions to the ColourPop beauty range. I couldn't say no to $5-$6 brow products so I figured I would give them both a shot and see how they measured up. 

The ColourPop Brow Pencil is very similar to many microfine brow pencils on the market today but I assume they are most often compared to the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I'd have to say that I think they are a lot softer, creamier, and more pigmented than most of the similar brow products on the market. Where I find most of these pencils to be pretty dry and powdery the ColourPop Brow Pencil is super soft and creamy. The color payoff is opaque and rich so you honestly don't need much product at all. Personally, I line the bottom of my brow, brush the product up with the attached spoolie then fill in the back of the tail and the arch of the brow slightly. Typically that's more than enough and the product I brushed up from lining the bottom of my brow is enough to give a soft fill in the front. From my experience though products of this style don't tend to last more than a month or two when you're using them to fill the entire brow but for only $5 I wouldn't complain too much. 

The ColourPop Brow Colour would also probably be most commonly compared to the Anastasia DipBrow although there are several brands that make very similar brow pomades such as Lancome and EcoBrow. If for some strange reason you're not sure what these are, they are basically gel liners for your brows. Typically they're pretty pigmented and give the brows a very sharp and defined appearance. I think brow pomades may actually be the most heavily abused brow product but that story is for a different day. Anyway I think I actually love the ColourPop Brow Colour more than the DipBrow because it's creamier and glides on with the perfect amount of color payoff. A little goes a long way and I can do my entire brow with only dipping my brush into the pot two or three times. It may be a little early to tell but I also think that the Brow Colour will stay soft and creamy in the pot a lot longer than the DipBrow which has a tendency to dry out. 

I bought both the ColourPop Brow Pencil and the Brow Colour in the shade Bangin Brunette which is a warm toned brown. I was inclined to get the Black n' Brown but it was sold out and honestly that was probably a good thing because I think that the shade would have ended up being too dark for me. I have naturally dark brown hair with an ombre and almost black brows just for reference. 

If you've been thinking about trying either of these products out I definitely  recommend it!

No comments :

Post a Comment