Monday, April 21, 2014

Nars Red Square Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil


The Nars velvet matte lipstick pencils are one of my favorite Nars products but, this particular little gem totally fell into my lap by mistake when my mom accidently picked up the wrong shade for me when she was at the store. I love oranges and I love reds but, for whatever reason I never found myself attracted to orange reds. Being someone who isn't into returning makeup I figured I would give the color a chance and I'm glad that I did because it's absolutely beautiful. The bold orange red color really livens up a look and gets attention in all the right ways.


Just like the other velvet matte lipstick pencils the consistency is very creamy yet it dries matte. It glides on smoothly leaving behind long-lasting color that doesn't dry lips out. The staying power of this is amazing! It doesn't budge at all and even lasts through eating and drinking. The jumbo crayon design is perfect because it is small enough that it works well as a lip pencil or as a quick and easy all over lip color. Overall I would have to say this is a great bold lip for any busy girl on the go. It will allow you to rock a vivid lip while not having to worry about your lipstick getting gross or wearing off through the day if you don't have time for touch ups. Even if you're not always on the go I still think this is a great bold lip choice, especially now that spring is here and summer is right around the corner.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous5/08/2014

    I have the same pencil in the same color, and I love it! I didn't use it at all for a while because I got the impression orange tones don't suit me. But this color's the bomb. And it's staying power is fantastic. So good for on the go, and such a stunning bold color. It's pretty much perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks absolutely amazing on you! I've been wanting to try one of those pencils for foreverrrr!

    ReplyDelete