Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask


Hello, Loves! For the past week and a half I have basically been on my death bed. If I had anything of any worldly value I would have made my last will and testament but, I don't so instead I just laid around waiting to die.During this time being sick really did a number on my skin so I picked up this Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask to help tame my issues. The mask is handmade, vegan, and preservative free. It's mission in life is to help oily skin by deep cleansing, calming breakouts and redness, and softening and balancing out the skin. 

This thick rich mint chocolate mask instantly calmed my skin and reduced a lot of my redness, especially around my nose, some existing blemishes and chin. I've never really dabbled with Lush's face masks because although I've always heard good things they aren't the easiest thing to come by at my closest store. I've been using this mask about 2 or 3 times a week since I got it. I was pleasantly surprised about how well it worked without drying out my skin. After washing it off with warm water my face felt calm and fresh without any tightness. After using it a few more times I also noticed that it helped to clear up the breakouts that I had gotten while I was sick.


Contrary to popular opinion I do not like the scent of this mask. It has a very strong rich chocolate scent much like The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter. The intensity is a little too much and it gives me a nauseating headache but, I can deal with it because I really do like the mask's effects. If you have oily or blemish prone skin I definitely recommend giving this mask a shot to help with your angry skin woes. The only downside is that since it's a fresh mask it does not have a very long shelf life, it only lasts around 20 or so days. As long as you keep it in the fridge I think it's fine for a few days after the expiration date but, I wouldn't keep it any longer than that and i definitely wouldn't put it anywhere near my face. 


Until next time!
- Lexi






No comments :

Post a Comment