Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Favorites | 3 Simple Saviors


Recently I have come across three new products that have been making my routines just a bit better. As of lately any and all of my skin issues have come out to play. My skin is really never a fan of the seasons changing and it really let's me know how disgruntled it is about the matter; thanks for the angry skin and irritated lips. I also dye the ever loving hell out of my hair which is also not helping my sad little scalp. 



I have been complaining about my skin issues for quite a little while now and I was getting to the point where I was ready to rip my own face off. Then the Murad Acne Clearing solution entered my life and began pushing things in the right direction. This is the perfect daily treatment for me because it fights against all types of acne not just the typical beastly pimples that most people associate with acne. I have been having issues with getting small bumps (like black/white heads that never surface) and this Murad Acne Clearing Treatment has been not only helping to treat what issues I have been having but also preventing things from getting worse.  I've only been using this for a little while now and I'm already having great results. 

In the past few months I have put my hair through the ringer and I should really be thanking the Lord that I'm not bald. All the dying, processing, and bleaching really did a number on my hair and scalp... especially my scalp which is already generally pretty dry. My friend Julie recommended the Kiehl's Magic Elixir to me forever ago and I finally recently picked it up. I'm kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't get it sooner because it is doing wonders. I put it on the night before or about 30 minutes before I shower and it really just calms my scalp and nourishes my hair so it feels so much softer and more manageable. I still have to use a few other products when I get out of the shower but, this added product has really made a difference. 

Finally, I use lip balm every morning and night as part of my skincare routine. I never go a day without it. Typically I use the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment which I love but, occasionally I have found that it has dried out the upper outer rim of my lip. This hasn't been to the point of making it chapped or anything like that it's just an uncomfortable feeling to wake up to. Subsequently I have been looking for other alternatives to see if I could find anything better. I picked up the Hurraw! Moon Balm on a whim while killing time in Wegman's and I fell in love. Not only is it cruelty-free, organic, and raw but, it also feels very similar in my opinion to the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment minus the whole kind of drying out my upper lip line thing. They come in a few different flavors and types that even include one's with SPF in them. I just chose the Moon Balm because anything with the word Chamomile in it speaks to me. 

These are definitely some products people need in their stash if their going through any of the same issues I have been. 

No comments :

Post a Comment