Sunday, July 23, 2017

Impress Manicure Press-On Nails & Kiss Gel Fantasy Manicures


I am awful at keeping up with my nails. I'm a reformed anxious nail biter but, I can occasionally relapse if my nails aren't done; A very possible reality since I can never find the time to go to the salon or paint them myself. I live in a world where I want to do my nails and then instantly stick my hand in a bag of chips afterwards or at least not have to worry about what I'm going to have to do if my nails are wet and I have to go to the bathroom. 

I never considered press-on nails or glue on manicures an option because the only experience I had with them were back in elementary school. I'm sure you all remember the type I'm talking about - with the peel off sticker ones that lasted all of about 5 minutes before they started popping off left, right, and center. (ALSO do you remember when Kimmy Gibbler on Full House had the glue on nails and they got stuck to some guy's butt while they were slow dancing?!?) Since then I never even gave them a second thought or at least I hadn't until I complimented a colleague's nails and she told me they were the Impress press-on nails. She went on about how well the nails stay on and how easy they were to use SO naturally I went out and picked up a few pairs after work. 



Eager to see what all of the fuss was about I tried them out as soon as I got home. Not only did they look like a salon manicure but, they stayed almost an entire week before I took them off - about 5/6 days. They withstood me whacking my hands on counters, constantly washing my hands, and my general finger picking/fidgeting habits which is pretty incredible. Honestly, the glue was still holding pretty strong when I took them off but my hair kept getting caught under the nails where they were starting to lift and it was starting to drive me nuts. I never worried about one awkwardly popping off and ImPRESS has so many different color choices that there is always a new color to try. 


After my first set I was pretty much hooked. I now have a little cache of manicures and I started poking around a little farther and started to experiment with Kiss's glue on manicures. I was curious to see if the glue on nails lasted any longer and honestly they wear about the same (5 days). I really like both styles depending on what look I'm going for. The ImPRESS nails are all on the shorter side whereas the Kiss nails have a little more room to choose your prefered length and cut (short, medium, squared, stiletto, almond, etc.).  


I will have to say that although both types of nails are pretty durable I would still bring some nail glue with me when I'm wearing the glue on nails. They don't easily come off BUT I have gotten them caught in drawers and had to glue one back on to save face. Consider it a safety precaution.

I've been wearing one style or another since I got my first pair and I've been seriously obsessed. I love that I can have super cute nails with such little effort and that I can basically switch them up whenever I'd like. I'm a little upset I didn't catch onto this idea sooner.  

No comments :

Post a Comment