Monday, September 28, 2015

Benefit Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer | Review


I used to be a big Benefit fan but, it's been awhile since I've tried out any new products from the brand. Not to say that I don't like them because I do, I just haven't found my self as gravitated towards the brand as I used to be. The brand has some hidden gems though should definitely not be overlooked. 

I have primers in my arsenal that I really like so I wasn't planning on trying out any new primers but, this one seemed different than anything I have so I figured I would give it a shot. There's BB creams for the face and now Benefit has made into an eye primer. The Benefit Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer comes with a SPF 20 and a EnviroDefend Complex that defends against 
environmental stressors such as smoke and pollutants. The primer also has a yellow hue to it in order to color correct and neutralize the lid. 

Overall formulation of the primer is thin, light and creamy. It goes on smoothly with the CushionCalm tip but it does take a little extra blending time than it would when just using your finger. I still use the applicator though because it uses minimal pressure and doesn't tug on the eyelid. I use one twist click for each lid and I get the perfect amount of product. It works just as well as my Urban Decay Primer Potion and Smashbox 24hr Eye Primer with the added bonus of the SPF and color correction. 

I think that this is a really nice eye primer but, it's BB cream qualities may make it a bit too hydrating with people who have oily lids. I haven't had any issues with this or with creasing but, from what I have researched this has been a bit of an issue for some so just be aware. When I use this product my shadows look vivid and last all day without creasing. Even my ColourPop shadows which I occasionally have issues with really stick and look flawless all day. The only issues I really have with the product is that it's not as quick and convenient to use as my other eye primers and that some of the product pushes out the tube and dries onto the tip when it isn't being used. I find my second issue to be a waste of product because although not a ton of primer comes out it's enough to make a difference over time. All and all I think it's a pretty good product and definitely one worth checking out. 

No comments :

Post a Comment