Monday, May 18, 2015

My First Power Peel | Ole Henriksen Power Peel


I take my skincare regimen very seriously and even more so recently since my skin has decided to be disrespectful and act up. I cleanse twice a day, have different day and night treatments, and I use a daily exfoliator. Yet, I felt like I needed a little bit more to give my skincare a little boost - enter the Ole Henriksen Power Peel. 


The Power Peel is a three step microdermabrasion and acid peel system that is used to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, even skintone, smooth out texture, reduce the appearance of pores, and give the skin an overall radiance. Word on the street (from my lovely Ole rep) is that this peel was made for Cindy Crawford who would get this done at the Ole Henriksen spa but, wanted to be able to keep up her skin routine and still get it done when she was on location traveling. The woman has flawless skin so generally that was enough to entice me to be more than willing to give this a shot. 

The entirety of the process takes about twenty minutes so I did it on my off day so I could relax, take my time, and not worry about having to put makeup on later. I did this since obviously I want to let my skin breathe so I can get the full effect. After cleansing I popped open packet number one and exfoliated with the almond polish for two minutes in order to get rid of any dead skin. Exfoliating leaves your freshest skin sitting on top so when I popped on the second packet full of the lemon strip it burned a little but it wasn't bad, I was actually expecting it to burn a bit more. I probably think this because i use the Dr. Dennis Gross acne pads and those things burn like Satan just smacked you across the face. Some people may find this uncomfortable but, I like it because I feel like if it's burning it must be working- is that masochistic of me!? Maybe, but anyways after two minutes I put the third packet containing Chamomile Comfort overtop the Lemon Strip and let it sit for fifteen minutes. There was still a bit of a tingling sensation although it wasn't uncomfortable at all. When I removed it BOOM baby soft skin that didn't feel stripped or dry. 

I will definitely have to add this into my bi-monthly routine to see super results but, I'm already loving what I'm seeing. There is something super satisfying about this process sooo I'll probably have to stop myself from doing this more than I need to do it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment