Saturday, May 16, 2015

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Celebrity Skin | Review


So I finally caved and bought Celebrity Skin, one of the new Valore Liquid Lipsticks from Jeffree Star Cosmetics... I knew this moment would happen sooner or later - actually I'm shocked this didn't happen sooner. Either way it's mine now and it's fabulous. Celebrity Skin is a peachy soft brown that makes for the perfect nude for every occasion, day or night. 


Although everyone and their brother has come out with their own style of liquid lipsticks these just may be a cut above the rest. First things first, these liquid lipsticks are 100% vegan and cruelty-free which, makes them a perfect alternative to all of those not so loving brands out there. Typically, I find the liquid lipsticks I use pretty non-drying on the lips for the most part but, this is even creamer. Celebrity Skin went on buttery and felt super creamy on the lips. I do find that it had a little tack to it but it's far from sticky and uncomfortable. As soon as you put one swipe across your lips the color is virtually opaque. I'd say I only need about two swipes and I'm good to go all day. The lasting power of this lipstick is amazing, I would stay it lasted for a good 10+ hours with only one touch up... in my life that means it lasted an entire work shift, a trip to Panera, and though IHOP creps. Are you impressed because you should be. I didn't have any problems with it bleeding and when I did reapply it went on smoothly and I didn't have any problems with it getting chunky or cement feeling like some other liquid lipsticks get when you go to reapply them. I do have to say that these are not make-out friendly. Although I haven't tested this theory there is a little disclaimer on the site that says that these are only kiss (not make-out) friendly so I figured I would just throw that fun fact out there before anyone had any traumatic incidents. 

I can't wait to pick up a few more of these when they come out / when some of the existing colors come back into stock. 

No comments :

Post a Comment