Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Goals


I think this is the part where I start off with saying how quickly time flies and how I can't believe it's already TWENTY FLUFFIN SIXTEEN. Yeah, it's cliche but it's totally true. Time really does fly. I remember sitting in my room wondering what my 20's would be like and honestly it is nothing like I imagined but I'm really happy with where my life is headed. Last year was the first year I really started doing the things I really wanted to with my life and now that I've caught my bearings a bit I'm ready to make 2016 even better. 
I'm setting both short and long term goals for myself this year because I find that I work better at achieving my long term goals if I use smaller ones to get me there. I find that I stay more motivated when I can celebrate small victories every now and then. It also helps so that I don't get discouraged when the things I want don't happen right away. I don't know about you but I'm personally pretty impatient and sometimes I require almost instant gratification; I'm not proud of it but at least I can admit that it's true. 

Half of me is writing this to just share my goals and the other half of me is writing this so I can look back on it at the end of the year to see how far I've come. I'm pretty confident that 2016 is going to be an amazing year. 

1. Have better time management - I never seem to have all of the time I need to in order to get things done and I know that it's because I'm a terrible procrastinator. I always seem to take far too many snack breaks in the middle of what I'm doing or I'll wait till the last second to get things done and it ends up making me super stressed and annoyed at myself. This year I'm vowing to break that habit.

2. Get more organized - Overall I'm a pretty organized person when it comes to particular things. I love making lists and organizing things into binders and things like that but I think that implementing organization into my life as a whole will really help me to stop procrastinating. I think making lists and 
allotting time to get each thing done will help me not only get things done but help me to feel more accomplished overall. I have an amazing planner from Band.o that I could really utilize more. 

3. Do more blog posts - I like to think that I blog pretty regularly but, I want to make it more routine with more of a schedule. I want to post content routinely so their aren't any random gaps. I don't want there to be a question as to whether there will be a daily post during the week to read (Monday-Friday.) I feel like putting myself on a schedule I keep myself a bit more motivated. I also want to add in more fun sorts of makeup posts along with my usual reviews. 

4. Be more social - I think it's time that I go out once and awhile and do fun things with friends whether that be just going out for lunch, doing a day in the city, or even going out for a drink once in awhile. It's important to spend time with friends and the people you care about and I think I just haven't been doing that enough. I never want to regret not spending enough time with the people I love so I think it's time I stop being a hermit 100% of the time and knock it down to maybe only 70%/60% of the time... baby steps. 

5. Do more art projects - I seriously love art and crafting but, lately I haven't gotten to do either of them very much which kind of sucks because art is something that really helps me to destress. I want to make it a mission to make more art. I really want to take a pottery or a sewing class so I'm making it my mission to sign up for at least one. 

Fingers crossed all of my goals go as planned. I'm pretty confident about it but...ya know, just incase!

No comments :

Post a Comment