Thursday, September 22, 2016

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #59 A New Perspective



Holy hell, I haven't blogged in an entire month and I'd like to say I was getting my life nice and organized but I would be lying. I've just been working a lot and threw all of my time management out the window. Literally, right out the window and I've reverted to strictly working and sleeping but on the plus side I've been routinely getting my 8 hours of sleep every night. I'm still tired all the time but whatever... I've still really been loving all the sleep.



One productive thing I have actually been doing though is reading. A few months ago I started reading 'Mindwise' but never got around to finishing it because life got in the way (great excuse, I know.) I recently decided to pick it back up again and start reading/re-reading it and I don't know how I ever put it down the first time.

'Mindwise' is about why we misunderstand one another and what we need to do in order to change that from a psychological perspective. It made me realize I don't know some people as well as I thought I did because I've assumed instead of inquired and that being less critical starts with being more open to others. The less we can relate to others, the less we care about them or even see them as people which when you think of it even a little is pretty shitty. So I'm making it a goal to change that and be more open to others to better understand people I interact with on a daily basis and not to have any preconceived notions going into meetings I have with new people. I feel like keeping an open mind will not only make my daily interactions way better but it will also help me to be a less stressed and high strung person. 

Speaking of being more open with other people I've also started to teach myself how to read tarot. It's always been something that has really intrigued and 
fascinated me so I thought that why not learn to better understand it. The amount of information and knowledge that you have to have in order to properly read tarot cards is a bit overwhelming but I'm really excited about it. I'm taking the process slowly in order to really understand all of the elements and meanings involved in the cards. The history and the meaning behind all of the cards runs so deeply it's mind blowing. I've been obsessed with reading and looking up videos on card meanings and histories although I haven't gotten too far since I'm always rewinding in order to make sure I didn't miss a single detail. 

It's been awhile but, I'm also swearing to myself that I'm going to start regularly posting on my blog. I miss it so much. 

No comments :

Post a Comment