Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Sephora PRO Palettes Warm, Cool, & Editorial | A Review


I've been sitting on this post for a couple weeks now and it's really overdue. Sephora's PRO team has created three pro eyeshadow palettes that have just recently launched at Sephora. I've already collaborated on a video with my friend Zach where I share some of my thoughts and swatch all of the shades. If you can watch the video (HERE) if you'd like to see me be the world's most awkward human. In this post I wanted to go a little more in depth with the bare bones of these palettes.


The three palettes that launched are grouped by warm, cool, and editorial shades. Obviously the warm and cool palettes are grouped by tone and have an array of shades in each reaching all the way from light to dark with everything you need to make the perfect eye look. Each palette also has an array of different textures including matte, satin, metallic, and transformers. The editorial palette then has all of your pastels, vivids, and metallic shades that can be used together for an intense look or be used as pops of color for the other two palettes. When the three palettes come together they create an amazing collection of colors. If you have them in your collection or kit you really have no need to carry around any other pallets. The shade range is amazing and versatile for any skintone. 

 [Sephora Collection X Sephora PRO Editorial Palette]

 [Sephora Collection X Sephora PRO Cool Palette]

 [Sephora Collection X Sephora PRO Warm Palette]

Pigmentation for these shadows is super intense and rich for all of the textures except the transformer shades which are just more of a soft glitter topper effect. Personally, I think the transformer shades are gorgeous but I could have done without them in lieu of something with a little more color payoff. Every shadow otherwise has pretty opaque pigment although I will say some of the cooler blue and purple shades in the editorial palette are a little harder to build and have way more fallout than any of the other colors. In that being said definitely make sure you tap off the excess shadow before application of these shadows - the kickback is there and if you've got a heavy hand just do eyes before complexion to be safe.

[Created with: Editorial, Warm, Cool]

These palettes are totally worth the investment. I've been using them almost exclusively since I purchased them. I really can't get enough and the colors in the editorial palette have definitely been getting me out of my comfort zone and have me playing with some seriously bright looks. I think some people were really skeptical and pressed on the price of these palettes because they are "Sephora Collection" but don't forget that those products are still considered prestige and the price point on many of the products is so that people can get affordable quality makeup. These shadows are definitely pro quality and are worth every penny. Even the packaging is heavy and high quality. I only wish that the names were on the palette and not on the removable plastic insert. I just know I'm going to lose it and it's always getting dusty and dirty. 

As a side note I definitely think you could use these palettes as a weapon in a pinch and as the shadows exploded all over your attacker they would be easily be tagged and captured... I'm just saying. 

If you've been on the fence with these palettes I'm telling you to take the plunge. They are limited edition and totally worth adding to your collection. You won't regret it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment