Monday, June 9, 2014

Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volum' Express Mascara



I love trying out new mascaras because I think that nice full lush lashes can really make you look more perky and pull a look full circle even when you're doing a basic eye look. Although I do have some high end mascara favorites I tend to use more drugstore mascaras because there are always so many different ones that you can choose from and there are a lot of great inexpensive formulas out there. 

While perusing the Target isles a few weeks ago I came across the Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volum Express Mascara and was instantly drawn in like a moth to a flame by its cute neon pink and yellow packaging. This fact along with the fact that I've always been a fan of the original Maybelline Colossal range I decided to give it a shot in the shade glam black.


The Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volum Express Mascara does exactly what it says, it instantly gives fuller more voluminous lashes. It has a slightly wetter formula that doesn't seem to make my lashes clumpy even after applying a few coats. Although I rarely curl my lashes, on the occasion that I do, the formula hold the curl quite well and doesn't weigh down my lashes. One coat usually leaves my lashes looking lovely and fluttery and two or more coats leaves them more full and lush. There are a few things about this mascara that make it just an average mascara for me though. First, it is a little flaky on me. I find myself with little black specks on my cheeks and nose from my mascara fluttering off my lashes and onto my face. It isn't a ton but it is annoying none the less. The wand is very stiff and the brush is very thickly bristled with a tapered end. To be honest it kind of reminds me of a pinecone. The fullness of the brush makes it difficult to apply without getting any mascara in and around your eyeball. I find it to be especially troublesome to get it on the lower lashes without also getting it all underneath my eye as well. Fortunately for me I wear thick black eyeliner so it isn't noticeable. 


Don't get me wrong its quite a lovely mascara but, it just doesn't do it for me in the easy in and out quick lashes department. 

No comments :

Post a Comment