Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer Foundation Routine


When summer rolls around I always like to go for a lighter foundation routine because the heat doesn't take to kindly to a full face of makeup in more ways than one. There is nothing worse than sweating off all of your makeup and feeling completely disgusting after a long summer day. In order to combat that issue I try to stick to a lighter routine that gives the skin a beautiful glow from within that really allows for radiance all summer long. 


Starting off with a moisturized face I use my fingers to apply the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for combination to oily skin. It provides a 20 SPF while minimizing pores,evening tone, and controlling shine.It looks very natural and gives a light to medium cover. After I go in with my Boo Boo Cover-Up Concealer to cover up my under eyes, any redness, and blemishes. Using this I feel like I never have to worry about my skin having any flare-ups because the aloe, chamomile, green tea, tea tree oil and vitamin E within the concealer promote healing. Then once my initial base is set I add some of the Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion in Flash to the tops of my cheekbones, down the center of my nose, and my cupid's bow for a little highlight. As a blush I use Benefit's Fine-One-One and just blend it in with a stippling brush. It gives a nice warm glow of color that is just perfect for the summer. I set everything with a a fluffy powder brush and the BareMinerals Original Mineral Veil so that everything is locked into place. As a finishing touch I do a little bronzing and contouring with an angled contour brush and the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer

There you have it, my simple and easy summer foundation routine. It gives me great natural coverage and doesn't leave me cakey at the end of the day.


No comments :

Post a Comment