Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall Beauty Favorites | 2014

One of my favorite things about the fall is the makeup transition. I love the warmer and darker colors and the more sultry and mysterious looks. Although I love clean fresh looking makeup; the brasses and golds of autumn really put me in my element. There are few things I look forward to more when the seasons turn and I get to change out my go-to beauty products. It always reawakens some inner creativity and makes me want to try out new looks and styles. It also doesn't help that it gives me an excuse to go poking around looking for more new products that I don't need but, for some reason desperately want. I've picked my 10 favorite beauty products to share with you all and you'll probably be able to tell that most of them are lip products. I did this because I have a serious lipstick obsession and I normally like to make the lips the focal point for a lot of my makeup looks. 



My first two favorites are the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub and the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. These go hand-in-hand with one another because they make the best little lip treatment combo for prepping my lips before makeup or right before I go to bed for some overnight nourishment. The Lush lip scrub works amazingly for removing any dry patches and dead skin from your lips and it tastes amazing while the Fresh lip treatment locks in moisture and really hydrates your lips making them primed and perfect (the balm also great for saving your chapped lips.)  



I recently picked up this Sephora Luster Matte in Fig and I immediately fell in love. It is a beautiful neutral pinky mauve color that seems to be very on trend lately. Fig gives you a great pop of color that can be paired well with a fresh face or a smokey eye. The formula is light-weight and nourishing, it almost reminds me of a matte lip stain but much more creamy and non-drying. This lippy gives a matte sheen combo that reminds me a lot of a cremesheen; easy to wear but still pretty long lasting. This is definitely becoming an everyday lip color for me. 


I've been waiting to make these next two velvetines part of my fall favorites ever since they came out back at the end of March as part of Lime Crime's Clueless Witch Velvetines collection. ( click here for a full review ;3 ) Lime Crime's Velvetine in Wicked is a beautiful matte burgundy red that is just the epitome of a fall/winter red lip. It's classic, sultry, and is guaranteed to last you all day and night. 


The Lime Crime Velvetine in Salem is also a beautiful color for the fall. ( click here for a full review ;3 )It is a rich chocolate brown color that can really darken a look without it looking like you're trying to put forth too much effort. I can't even begin to explain how many compliments I get when I'm wearing this lipstick from people of all different walks of life. I think that in itself shows the versatility of this lip color even though it might look a little intimidating at first glance. 


As we all know dry skin is just a part of cold weather. The cold takes any moisture your skin might have just sucks right out of you leaving you dry, ashy, and sometimes a bit chapped. In order to combat that I become obsessed and partially addicted to the L'Occitane Lavande Hand Cream even more than I usually am. It feels nourishing and hydrating on the skin without leaving them sticky or greasy. The lotion is instantly absorbed into the skin leaving your hands baby butt soft and smelling like heaven. As a tightly wound high strung human being I think that lavender is the most amazingly soothing and calming scent in the entire world and normally after applying this lotion I walk around sniffing my hands all day like some wierdo.



Overall the Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Isolde is one of my all time favorites. It gives a gorgeous classic and effortless bronzed golden eye look that can be dressed down with a little tightlining and mascara or dressed up for a night out with a little winged liner. These shadows are so creamy and pigmented I absolutely adore them. I always use this over the Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Top Brass for a little extra somethin. 




Like I've said I love me some gold and brass for the fall. A nice autumnal eye isn't anything without a solid base to really make the colors pop which is why I absolutely love Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/ Liner in Top Brass. I think its definitely more of a gold than a brass but, either way this color is absolutely gorgeous alone or under other shadows. I think that golds have the ability to enhance any eye color and make a great wash of color for simple, fresh, and classic styles as well as a nice addition to more bold statements. 


Lately I've also been whipping out the Givenchy Prisme Eyeshadow Quad in Purple Show on a pretty regular basis. I think purples are beautiful for the fall. They just look so stunning against all of the autumn colors because of the way purple makes the yellows, golds, and browns pop. A purple smokey eye is the perfect look for a fun time on the town on a cool fall night. 

I know I was supposed to make this into a video but, the other night my best friend convinced me to let her watch my old youtube videos and I immediately began to hate myself...not really but it was an awful sight to behold. I'm not quite ready to jump back into it yet but, I promise I'll try it out again soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment