Friday, October 17, 2014

BareMinerals BareSkin Foundation | Review


I recently aquired the fairly new BareMinerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation and I really wanted to try it. This foundation is (as the name would suggest) a fluid serum like mineral foundation made to correct skin tone and brighten your complexion. It is made without oils, parabens fragrance, and silicone. The foundation is intended to work for all skin types and tones. It is also dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic. It has a natural satin like finish and the coverage varies depending on how much you apply. Since it is like a serum you only need to use a few drops on the face perfecting brush in order to cover your whole face. When you're applying this foundation it instantly goes on smoothly and seamlessly blends into the skin. All of this sounds pretty amazing,right? Well you're wrong but, you're right in theory. 




I genuinely wanted to love this makeup, I really did. When I first applied this makeup it looked amazing. I even looked past the fact that it felt a little gross putting it on; although it was lightweight it kind of felt like oily dirt or something weird. It gave my skin a nice dewy and radiant look. Unfortunately this didn't last very long on its own. Not more than an hour and a half of having it on I started to feel discomfortingly greasy and as someone who already has pretty oily skin I was not about it one bit. It seemed like very hour I had to use oil blotting sheets  or translucent powder so that I didn't look like a total grease ball. All things considered, as long as I kept up maintenance it still looked pretty good... it just didn't feel very good on my skin. Generally despite its pitfalls at this point I would still have said I kind of sort of liked this foundation because like I've said my skin looked pretty amazing. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that it started to break me out. I used this product everyday for about a week to test it out and this was the only product I changed in my routine. About three days in I started to get an unusual amount of spots around the apples of my cheeks. I'm not going to 100% blame this foundation but, I've heard of this happening to others so until I can rule it out I'm going to consider it a strong contributor. 

[yes, I'm wearing the same thing in my last 3 posts... I took the pictures for them all on the same day because its just easier sometimes :P]

Despite my distaste for the BareMinerals BareSkin Foundation for my oily skin type I do think that this would be nice for some people, specifically those with dry or very dry skin without many acne spots. I think that for people with those skin types the foundation will make their skin look naturally flawless and give them a nice glow from within. Unfortunately for everyone else...meh...not so much. 

No comments :

Post a Comment