Saturday, January 24, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks | Pure Hollywood and Heathers Review


The queen of brows, Anastasia Beverly Hills, recently expanded her kingdom to the world of liquid lipsticks. Liquid lipsticks have become really popular recently and I couldn't be more floored about it because they are my favorite lip products. I am super lazy and the last thing I want to worry about all day is if my lipstick looks wonky or patchy. Liquid lipsticks solve all my problems or, well... most of them because they are overall a matte and longwearing formulation so I rarely have to reapply or worry about them unless I'm eating and need to do a touch up. 


Anastasia Beverly Hills recently came out with twenty liquid lipstick shades varying from girly neutrals to bold pops of color to edgy deep tones. There is a little something for every liquid lipstick lover in this line. The colors are super creamy and become opaque in just one or two swipes across the lips without feeling heavy or tar-like. The formulation is creamy and dries to a matte finish within about 60 seconds. After the formula dries the lipstick becomes velvety and light on the lips without being super drying, this makes the wear comfortable and doesn't make you feel like you need to add a gloss or that the product is caked onto your lips. I would actually say that these are more comfortable than the Lime Crime Velvetines. The wear time is around six to eight hours so long as you're careful and touch up after eating because it does tend to wear a bit (as well as transfer on to forks, glasses, maybe even your chin, etc.) I picked up two colors, Pure Hollywood and Heathers, so that I could see the difference between how the lighter and darker shades wear throughout the day. 


Heathers - Deep brick red

Heathers is a gorgeous classic dark red lip. It can be easily paired with a simple eye look or a more sultry one for a bit more edge. It is definitely one of those colors that looks amazing on all skintones and gives a hint of mystery. The wear is comfortable and it goes on evenly. I had heard some rumors around these liquid lipsticks that the darker colors go on streaky and get patchy when you try to touch them up but I haven't had that issue what so ever. I do have to say that they smudge when you eat with them on which is kind of odd because the fading isn't that bad. I've found if I'm not careful this color will rub onto the sides of my mouth and my chin which is pretty messy and kind of a pain to try to fix. When it comes to actually reapplying though it is pretty effortless and the color becomes fully opaque again without making it feel really thick or built up on the lips. I would say besides the fact that this color runs easily when eating its a pretty phenomenal color with a great wear.


Pure Hollywood - pinky beige nude

Off the bat I knew that I had to have Pure Hollywood because it is such a perfect nude. It is a lovely beige color but it has just enough pink in it to brighten up the complexion and give it a nice healthy glow. Even though you could pair this lip with literally any makeup look you wanted I think this would look perfect with a super dark smokey eye because I think the contrast between the two is simply gorgeous. Since Pure Hollywood is a lighter color it seems to be a bit easier to wear than Heathers; you don't really have to worry about it smudging or transferring all over your face when you're eating and any fading is much less noticeable. The fading of this color is much more gradiated it never looks patchy. Touch ups are also a breeze with this color because it doesn't feel overapplied or cakey. 

[Left: Pure Hollywood | Right: Heathers] 

I'm not going to lie I was a little nervous about these liquid lipsticks in the beginning when I heard that they weren't all that they were hyped up to be but, I'm glad that I followed through and bought them anyway because I really do love them. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and they look so crisp and pristine on the lips I couldn't really ask for much more. I will definitely be buying more of these in the future and if liquid lipsticks are your thing I recommend you do the same. 

No comments :

Post a Comment