Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Favorites | Sephora Brand Favorites

Throughout my thus far short career at Sephora I have noticed that there are a lot of really great Sephora brand products that get over-looked. As I am sure you can imagine my makeup dabbing has been in full force so I have been trying as many new things as I can lately, or at least as many as my bank account can reasonably let me. There are definitely some duds too but, I mean not everything can be a winner, right? It's just like people in real life; Not everyone is a winner and I know that from first hand experience as a loser and meeting a few as well. ANYWAY... I've gathered together my favorite Sephora products that I have tried thus far from both the skin and makeup arena. Sephora has some great brushes too but, I would prefer to put my favorite brushes in a favorites list all of their own which will be coming up in the next few weeks. 




None of my Sephora favorites are in any real sort of order because I don't think I could pick out my number one holy grail product just quite yet. I do want to start off with the first Sephora product I ever fell in love with though and that is the Sephora Luster Matte Lip Colors. These lip creams are super amazing! They are basically light-weight liquid lipsticks that go on as a cream and dry virtually are supposed to dry matte but I would consider the finish to be more of a satin matte because it is a bit more hydrating. It makes them different in that they have a much creamier consistency and do not feel drying whatsoever. They do leave behind a bit of a stain which is nice because it is subtle and it adds just the right bit of color to the lips. 



The Sephora Cream Lip Stains are another one of my favorites because they give amazing lasting color and are right on par with some of the more popular high end liquid lipsticks. They never bleed and have little to no transfer. I can wear these for hours without having to worry about my lipstick wearing off or looking super crusty. They become opaque in a single swipe and feel lightweight on the lips. This line has an amazing color range that has just been revamped with tons of new fun colors. I am still upset that they got rid of Classic Beige but, ya know, I guess life goes on. 



Sticking with the lip trend I also am super in love with Sephora's micro lip pencils. They are perfect to pop in your purse or makeup kit since they are so tiny and cute but, even more importantly than that they really do the job. These pencils are not only pigmented but, they are matte, long lasting, and never feather. These make the best bases for lipsticks and are even gorgeous on their own. 



Now popping over to the skincare realm I want to talk about Sephora's sheet masks. There are eight different types of these bad boys and they are created to specifically target different issues. I haven't tried all of them yet but the ones that I have tried have been simply amazing. There is just enough serum in the masks so that the skin can really absorb all of the nutrients without having the mask be too saturated and drippy. After using these masks my skin always feels revitalized and plump and my complexion looks more radiant. They give me that instant pick me up I need on days when my skin just isn't having it. 



Once you put makeup on you're going to have to take it off and that is where my next favorite comes into play. The Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water is amazing for removing makeup and grime while hydrating the skin leaving it feeling fresh and supple. This cleanser is much like Bioderma, it effortlessly and gently wipes away makeup without soaps, parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.



I love having long nails but I tend to fidget with them if they aren't painted. To prevent my bad habits I try to keep my nails painted and chip free... the cleaner the nails, the less tendency I have to nervously mess with them. This means that I have to change my polish often and that I need a good nail polish remover. I've used a lot of removers over the years but the Sephora Instant Nail Polish Remover for Glitter is my absolute favorite. It removes my nail polish almost completely after just one swipe and never leaves my nails sticky or overly dry. There is never residue or bits of polish in the cuticle left behind. It is the perfect nail polish remover.  

I'm sure I will find even more things that I love from Sephora sooner or later but, as of now these products really seal the deal for me at a reasonable price. I am shocked I looked over them for so long and didn't jump on the bandwagon sooner but I'm a little stubborn like that. I am pretty excited to try out their 

MicroSmooth Baked Sculpting Contour Trio and a few other products so this list might just be expanding in the not so distant future. 

No comments :

Post a Comment