Monday, July 20, 2015

The Fresh Skin Cocktail with Caudalie and Biore


After some trial and tribulation my skin has been doing pretty damn well for itself lately. I'll still get little spots here and there (mostly hormonal) but, overall things have been looking clear and my future's looking bright. Regardless of this turn onto the up and up I still think it's important to give my skin a little something extra from time to time. It's like giving it a little treat for a job well done on behaving and keeping up the good work. A little extra love goes a long way. 



Lately, my pamper routine of choice has been a cocktail of the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask, Boire Pore Strip, and Caudalie Moisturizing Mask. This little combo helps to detoxify and clean out my pores without allowing my skin to feel too dried out afterwards. First, I apply the Boire Pore Strip and Caudalie Instant Detox Mask together in order to flush everything out and remove any excess sebum. Afterwards my pores look smaller and my skin feels really fresh but, I always feel like it also needs an extra dose of moisture. Although I do have oilier skin I think it's important to still really hydrate the skin so that it balances out and doesn't become more oily from being dehydrated. 


After peeling off my Boire strip and washing off my first mask I pop on a generous layer of the Caudalie Moisturizing Mask. It says to leave it on for about 15 minutes but, I typically leave it on for a bit longer - typically 30 minutes or longer if I have the time so it can really absorb into the skin. When I wipe off the excess my skin looks more radiant and plump. It does leave a little bit of a moisturizing film on the skin but, it isn't sticky or uncomfortable. I actually like the healthy dewy glow that it leaves behind.

I only whip this routine out on days where I don't plan to wear any makeup so that my skin can reap the full benefits of the routine. I also don't layer other skincare products on top after I wipe off the hydrating mask because I feel as though for my skin type it would get too heavy quite quickly. Since I typically do this in the morning right before and after I shower I don't do anything else to my skin until I wash my face before I go to bed. Although it's only a small switch up in my routine it's such an easy soothing and relaxing treat. 

No comments :

Post a Comment