Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #26


So I have a new weird obsession and it's called smashed pennies. Ya know those little machines you select a little picture, put $.51 into the slot and crank the little wheel till it pops out a flattened penny with the little design pressed into it; Yeah, I love those little things. I don't know what it is about them but those little pennies are my new favorite things to collect. I can't get enough of them. I think they are absolutely adorable. All I want to do now is travel to different places just so I can go get more. 

In case you were wondering this new random little collection arose about two weeks or so ago when my friend, Lara, texted me asking if I wanted to go on a smashed penny mission and catch up. Obviously I was more than up for the adventure. I didn't think much of the whole thing until we finally found this cute little Hello Kitty smashed penny machine at a rest stop a few exits from my house. For whatever reason I thought this was the most magical thing that ever happened to me and I've been hooked ever since. 

I only have the five I picked up that day so far but, I've been looking up different places where they have them so I can plan some trips. Lara also picked up a Black-eyed Susan one for me that I really wanted and my brother is bringing me one home from the beach. I'm so excited I feel like a child but, I have zero shame on the matter. Sometimes the little things are the best things life can offer. 

No comments :

Post a Comment