Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Two to Try at the Drug Store


I felt like it had been awhile (and by awhile I mean like a week) since I picked up anything really new from the drugstore. There's been a lot of new releases lately but, for whatever reason I haven't found much at my local stores that have really caught my eye. I think they have been a little slow on the launches lately. It's a pity but, it's also probably a blessing on the pockets. I do have to say there are a ton of new mascaras out BUT, I need another mascara like I need another hole in my head. I can honestly say mascara is the one thing that I have more than enough of for the rest of my life. 
 There was one lonely little new launch wedged into a little corner of the beauty 
aisle that caught my attention and that was the new Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin line. They had foundations and concealers but, I only picked up the concealer because some special little gem before me decided to take some test pumps on every single foundation bottle they had out. I'm not even kidding when I say every single one... this person must have been very disgruntled or really just wanted to be the only person to get to try this foundation. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some. In any case the concealers came in 6 different colors so the color range was mildly decent. I picked up the fairest one because it looked a bit darker in the tube. It's a little light for me but, it makes it great for highlighting the under eyes. The Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer is light-weight and has a light coverage with a satin-matte finish. This concealer is also packed with antioxidants that are supposed to help with lightening dark spots and circles but, honestly I don't have any issues that are so bad that I could tell much of a difference. The formula was creamy and blended out easily. I didn't have any issues with creasing and everything lasted all day without shifting or slipping. 

Along with my new Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer I also picked up a not so new to the market makeup brush, the E.L.F Flawless Concealer Brush. I picked it up because it mildly resembles my favorite concealer brush, the Sephora #57, and I have always heard great things about E.L.F brushes. The Sephora #57 is a bit softer and more dense than the E.L.F brush but, I still think that it's a great cheap alternative. i tried it out with the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer and I have to say that it buffed it out amazingly without leaving behind any streaks or harsh lines.

All-in-all I'd have to say that these items were a pretty good purchase. Let's just hope my local drugstores get in some more new fun stuff in soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment