Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #33


So I'm kind of a big Halloween buff, it's rare that I actually go out and do something since I'm a granny hermit but, I love the aesthetic- the whole macabre and dark thing to be precise. I'm one of those people who hates being scared but, at the same time kind of enjoys scaring myself. I'm down for the whole nine with the scary movies, stories, and looking up paranormal craziness that I fully regret knowing later. I also love all of the darker makeup looks but, I feel like that really goes without saying. 

Today after getting my eyebrows done I gave into my Halloween Spirit urges and went to the Halloween store and picked up scar wax and liquid latex. I already had some fake blood and almost all of the makeup I ever could need at home so I was good in that department. Then I got to work playing with my new goodies. I don't really know much about SFX makeup but, I'm totally into it. I've been trying to figure out what kind of looks I want to try this year with no avail. I ended up just kind of winging it and attempting to create a cheek/under eye open wound which in photos just ended up looking like some type of melting skin burn. I don't hate how it came out at all but, it was not my original vision. 

I'm excited to play around and come up with other looks to try out. I've been religiously watching SFX Youtubers and trying to pick up on their magical makeup ways. I don't know a lot yet but, practice makes perfect so I'm sure I'll get to at least something higher than navis soon. I just need a little more practice and a few more supplies and I'll have a mildly decent SFX foundation going. I think the next thing I want to conquer is Rigid Collodion... it just looks kind of fun.  

No comments :

Post a Comment