Sunday, November 24, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Review


Hey loves! I recently picked up a few of the New Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms and holy hell I'm totally obsessed. I love matte! Everything about them is completely amazing from their packaging to their formulation. There are about 10 different shades and it was so hard only picking up a few because I naturally wanted to take them all home with me...even if some of them would have looked sinfully horrific on my skin tone. 

The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms have a bit of a minty scent to them (like the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains) but it fades away almost instantly after application. They're pretty longwearing and last around 5 hours when you aren't eating. If you do plan to eat with these on then you're definitely going to need a touch up afterwards, especially after eating something greasy. The way your lipstick will look after eating with this product on is something serious...the inner parts of your lips will virtually have no color left on them while the outer parts will. Despite that fact though they give off minimal color transfer so I don't see too many issues arising when smoochin in these ;)

Although these have a matte finish (duh...obviously they're matte balms) they are not overly drying on the lips and the formulation is smooth, creamy, and lightweight. Considering the fact that they are matte though they can tend to show off any dry lip patches so if you foresee this being an issue I suggest exfoliating your lips before using this product. The colors are opaque and buildable which is great especially for the darker shades. 


When picking up the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms I decided to choose a pick up shades that hit each part of the spectrum. A dark shade, a medium shade and a nude. 

Shameless is a bold deep purple shade with blue undertones. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it definitely makes a statement and is a perfect fall and winter statement lip color. After the first swipe of lip color its a brighter purple but the more you apply the deeper and darker the coloration becomes. 

Complex is a beige nude color and for me personally it gives me the whole "my lips but better" look. Out of the three Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms I have purchased this one seems to look the least matte. Not to say that it isn't matte because it obviously is but, I would consider this one in particular to look semi-matte. 

Sultry is a rose wine shade. It gives a nice classy pop of color which isn't too much. It would be great for anyone who wants a little color but is afraid of going after a really bold lip. Sultry is also a very autumnal color that will transfer well into the winter. Out of the three this one has the best staying power. Although the color does fade slightly over time it was the only shade to stay on through eating and still be even and not uhm...crusty.


I'm definitely going to be picking up a few more of these in the near future because I just can't get enough! Do you agree that these are absolutely amazing?! Whether you do or don't let me know. 
Until next time,

-Lexi

No comments :

Post a Comment