Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Gimmicky Drugstore Haul


I'm such a sucker for cute packaging but then again who isn't?! If I see something particularly adorable despite how good or bad it may be I find myself drawn to it. I can't help it but, it does become a problem when you're trying to clean, organize, and purge your room but, you keep buying more makeup than know what to do with...oops. 

The other day while running a few errands with my sister I decided to stop at Walgreens and peruse the makeup section. It's a pretty dangerous place for me and obviously I couldn't get away unscathed. 

I picked up a few things Ardell's Disney line as well as a few things from the Star Wars CoverGirl line. I could always use a few more pairs of lashes but the last things I needed was more lipstick and mascara. Everything looked so cute though I really couldn't resist. 

Ardell's lash collections are always super cute and I get so much use out of them. Obviously the more dramatic pairs don't get as much love but, they are perfect for Halloween looks. I wish they came with three sets instead of two like they did last year but oh well they are still a pretty decent deal. I also picked up a Maleficent Lipstick from the line because she's my favorite and the color was right up my ally. The color is a gorgeous brown toned burgundy - a perfect fall lip color if I do say so myself.

I picked up the Star Wars edition of the CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara as well as one of their lipsticks in "70." The Super Sizer Mascara really suckered me in with the whole "You're My Only Hope" quote on the side but, unfortunately I'm not the biggest fan of the formula. I don't know if it just needs to sit a little bit or what but, I found it to be super wet and clumpy when layered. I also thought the lipstick was going to be more of a nude but, it turned out to be a bit shimmery which isn't really in my taste. I feel like I could still get some use out of both of the products just probably not as much as I wanted. 

Overall it was still a pretty fun little shopping day so I can't really complain! 

No comments :

Post a Comment