Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A Foundation Cocktail | CoverFX Custom Cover Drops & Custom Infusion Drops


I haven't been trying out too many foundations lately because I really love the combination I've got going on but, I've been really curious about trying out the CoverFX Custom products for awhile now. Both the CoverFX Custom Cover Drops and the Custom Infusion Drops are so innovative and interesting that I thought there just had to be something to them. I wasn't really sure how well we would get along but, I felt the need to give it the old college try. 

The CoverFX Custom Drops are pure pigment drops that you can add into any primer or skincare product to create your own custom foundation. You can add as few or as many drops as you want in order to get your desired coverage and depending on what product you add the drops to the finish will also change. This means that you can use these drops to make a tinted moisturizer all the way up to a full coverage foundation. The world is your oyster with this one. In the same vein the CoverFX Custom Infusion Drops are quite similar but they can be used alone as a concentrate or in makeup or skincare products to add a little treatment boost. The infusion drops come in calming, radiant, hydrating, and anti-aging benefits so there is a little something for virtually everyone. 


Like I said earlier I was a little worried about how I would get on with these because I wasn't really sure what products I would want to mix them into. I don't use a typical moisturizer in the morning because my skin is a bit too oily for that. I typically use an acne treatment as a substitute and I didn't really feel like I should be mixing my foundation into it so I scratched that out as an option. In the end I realized it was best to just add the cover drops into my primer to knock out two birds with one stone. Obviously it was the most logical thing to do...duh, Lexi. The combo is pretty matte because I use the Make Up For Ever Step 1 Smoothing Primer and in general pure pigments are a bit on the drier side. This made my Custom Infusion Drops in Radiance really come in handy because they added just a little bit of glow to the finish while still keeping the feel pretty matte. It ended up being the perfect combination for my skin.

The mix together gave me a pretty lightweight full coverage look with a natural finish. The foundation didn't feel heavy on my skin at all and it kept me matte longer than my typical foundation does. I also loved how it gave a nice airbrushed look to my skin. I'm seriously impressed because I didn't think that it would blow me away this much. The only slightly negative thing i could say about this product is that mixing everything together could be a bit messy if you aren't careful but as long as you work in small amounts you should be just fine working off the back of your hand or a small palette. 

I'm super excited to try out both the CoverFX Custom Cover Drops & Custom Infusion Drops in with different products to see if they work with them as well as they did my Make Up For Ever Step 1 Smoothing Primer. 

No comments :

Post a Comment