Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday Favorites | Winter Essentials


I don't really take well to the colder months. As a fairly petite human I find that I'm cold 89% of the time and the cold weather really doesn't help. My skin gets dry, my scalp gets really dry, and my immune system becomes a tad questionable.  It's honestly not the best time for me. I really don't know how people work in ice bars or live in places like Alaska. I really have to work hard to make sure my skin doesn't dry out and that I don't contract a cold that has me living as a mouth breather until the ground thaws out. 

There's a few things that I'm really relying on to make my winter a little easier or at least a little more comfortable. 

Josie Maran Lavender Scented Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter - I've always heard amazing things about Josie's body butter but, her original scents were just a bit too sickly sweet for me. When I found out there was a new lavender scented one I knew I had to have it... because soft skin and lavender. It has definitely lived up to the hype. It's amazingly hydrating, rich, and it sinks into the skin instantly without leaving you feeling sticky or greasy. I'm so obsessed! I hope this is a permanent addition to the collection. 

NeoCell Refreshing Herbal Mist - I did a whole review on this little guy the other day so I won't go into too much detail about this one again. All I'm going to say is that it's the perfect boost of extra hydration. 

Inoar Hair Serum - I love a good hair serum especially one that repairs while it nourishes. This one is one of my favorites because it always leaves my hair looking and feeling stronger and more hydrated. Both are super important to me because of how much hell I've put my hair through in the past. 

Fresh Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm Advanced Therapy - A good lip balm is a winter essential, especially when you're like me and are constantly wearing super matte lip products. I love this one because it smooths my lips while hydrating and nourishing. The balm feels really light and it is easy to layer under other lip products. 

Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist - I love using this to give a little bit of an extra glow to my complexion by using it on top of or under my makeup. It gives that perfect lit from within glow and gives me a little bit of a boost after my face looks nice and chapped from the winter cold. 

Emergen-C - I don't have much to say about this except ya know, I gotta stay healthy. Being a mouth breather is the last thing I want this winter; it dries out my throat and makes it hard to sleep. No thank you!

As an honorable mention I would also like to mention that I will also be loving my space heater this winter. I will be sitting in front of it until spring if anyone needs me. I'll see everyone when I come out of hibernation. 

No comments :

Post a Comment