Monday, November 16, 2015

How I De-Stress


My life has been a bit crazy lately and it's had me a bit more strungout than I would actually like to admit. The culmination of everything just has me a bit frazzled and unable to really concentrate on anything. In order to combat this rut I've been trying to incorporate little soothing things into my life that put me in a more positive mood. 


One thing I do everyday to start myself off on a positive note is to write down one or two things in my planner that I am really thankful for. I close my eyes and concentrate on what I am thankful for and I say "thank you" three times in my head. It helps to remind me that even when times are rough I am truly lucky and have a lot of blessings in my life. In similar fashion every night before I fall asleep I think back on my day and say "thank you" in my head for the best thing that happened to me that day. Both of these things only take a few minutes out of my day but, they can make all the difference in the world especially when I'm not really in the best mood. 

I don't have as much me time as I used to but, on my days off I like to dedicate my evenings to myself. I cozy up in my room with some tea by myself and take that time to unwind and focus on myself a bit. I always stress that self-care is important and no matter how busy life can be it's vital that we take the time to do nice things for ourselves. 

My de-stress routine usually will start right after I hop out of the shower. I slip on my Caudalie Instant Detox Mask (stress does terrible things to the face) and rub myself down with my Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter. Then I crawl into my comfiest sweats and get down to reading. I'm currently jumping between reading a few pages of "The Secret Daily Teachings" and "Cutting the Ties that Bind" - both books in my opinion are great for warming and realigning your innerself. By the time I'm done reading it's usually time to take off my Caudalie Instant Detox Mask and apply my second mask which is the Caudalie Moisturizing Mask (I'll leave it on overnight.) I up follow my detox mask with my moisturizing one because sometimes detox masks and be a little drying and in these winter months it's important to stay as hydrated as possible. By this point a second cup of tea is in my hand, I'm snuggled in bed, and I turn something a bit mindless on Netflix. I never watch anything too stimulating when I'm trying to relax because I want to stay in that mindset. My go-tos are either Bob's Burgers or an underwater nature documentary that I've already seen before. I usually don't make it too far into my show before I fall asleep anyway. 

The next day I wake up a bit more energized and my skin is a bit less irritated with me which is always lovely. I really value my personal time so I try to make it as rewarding for me as possible. Every now and then I'll switch up my me time routine but the goal is always the same- calm and positive vibes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment