Thursday, November 12, 2015

My Everyday Eyes, Brows, and Lips


Try as I might, typically my makeup routine (especially my eyes) tends to be pretty much some variation of the same thing on a daily basis. I would like to use the excuse that I have a full time job and I don't have time to experiment most of the time... not that I usually experiment on my days off either although I should. Maybe I should start branching out more but, I like what I have going on so that might be a slow process. 

With all of that being said I don't think that having a staple product go-to routine is a bad thing. I think it's great to find amazing products and it cuts down on the time it takes to get ready because I'm not fumbling around trying to decide what to use. 


I've already made a post about my everyday complexion routine [found here] so here comes the rest of the face. 

Eyes: 

My Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Palette has been my go-to eyeshadow palette since I got it. The colors are pigmentation are absolutely perfect. There is  some variation on the colors I choose from the palette but this has been my current favorite shadow look:

Laetus - all over the lid all the way up to the brow bone
Ludwin - as a transition color in the crease
Lucius - in the crease, on the outer 3rd of the lid, and on the lower lash line
Solas - in the outer crease and outer "V' of the eye 
Shax - on the lower lash line

I top the look off with a wing using my favorite gel liner, the L'oreal 24hr Infallible Liner. I also use this liner on my tightline and waterline and it never budges. 

On my lashes I use my Tart Opening Act Primer with Urban Decay Perversion Mascara on my top lashes and Benefit Roller Lash on the bottom. I use different mascaras on the top and bottom lashes to give a more dimensional effect and I have also found that the Benefit's Roller Lash formula works really well for preventing any mascara bleeding throughout the day. 

Brows:

When it comes to brows I've bounced around a bit over the past few months. I've found a lot of different products I've adored but I still keep exploring a little in this department. After my Doir Universal Brow Pencil strangely disappeared I started using the Urban Decay Brow Beater and realized I liked it even more. I'm currently using the Brow Beater in Dark paired with my clear Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. It gives them the perfect amount of definition without making them look too harsh or bold. 

Lips:

Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick has been my go-to nude lip since it came out. It's the perfect nude for me and when I pair it with my Make Up For Ever 5C Aqua Liner it's game over. I just want to have a stockpiled arsonal of these lip products so I can wear them until the day I die.

And there you have it, my current eyes, brow, and lip routine. I wonder how it will change in the next 6 months. 

No comments :

Post a Comment