Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Viseart Dark Matte Eyeshadow Palette | Review


Oh how I've been coveting this palette. The Viseart Dark Matte Palette has been the target of my admiration for a few months now but it was only until recently that I was able to pull the trigger on making it a part of my collection. Considering the fact that the Viseart eyeshadow palettes are $80 I wanted to make sure that this would be a purchase I could actually see myself getting a decent amount of use out of for at least a few months (I have a slight case of makeup ADD when it comes to eyeshadows.) When it came down to it this palette really ticked all of the boxes for me - it's matte and has a pretty decent amount of warm toned color options. These factors basically made it done and done for me since warm and matte are kind of my MO. 

Viseart has seven eyeshadow palettes available on Sephora.com and other than the Neutral Matte palette the Dark Matte definitly seemed like a palette I would get the most use out of on a daily basis. The warm browns, oranges, and reds are what really sealed the deal. After convincing myself this would be a useful purchase I just went for it and I'm pretty pleased. The Viseart Dark Matte palette definitely lived up to my expectations. The formulation of the shadows is phenomenal. The shadows glide on like butter, the color is rich and opaque, and they blend effortlessly. You can use the palette alone but it is a bit easier to just use it alongside of another palette because it does lack highlight and lighter transition shades (as if the name dark matte didn't imply that enough haha.) This also makes sense because Viseart palettes are created to use alongside one another for more versatility. 

[From left to right: Top left shade to bottom right shade]

The palette has twelve color pans with a great mix of warm and cool colors that can easily be mixed and matched together for some truly creative and unique looks. I haven't played around with the blues and greens much yet but, I'm excited to step outside of my box and give them a whirl. This palette isn't for the faint of heart my any means. I wouldn't say that these colors are intimidating but there are definitely some bold pops going on inside this palette. If you're looking for a palette in this line but you aren't into too much color and want a palette that works effortlessly all it's own I would recommend the Viseart Neutral Matte palette instead. 

As a last sentiment all I have to say is if you've been thinking about purchasing this palette just go ahead and do it, it's totally worth it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment