Monday, February 29, 2016

Makeup Tip Monday | Getting Your Highlight to Pop

A super bright highlight is one of my favorite things in makeup. I've spent an endless amount of time coveting people's glow. In my book the closer to blinding someone the better. As someone who is pretty fair though, I have a difficult time getting a single product to give me that divine glow... Light things don't typically show well over things that are equally as light. Thus I've turned to cocktailing my highlights to really get them to pop and looks super vibrant in person and in photos. 

In my mind this is the best thing since matte lips so I'm sharing this tip/technique with all of you. It's quick and easy although I do have to say I don't really think this practice is much of a secret. 

In order to get my highlight to pop I always layer a cream/liquid and a powder highlight. I found that layering the two products together just really amplifies the pigment perfectly. The technique gives an amazing vibrance and avoids the texture that some powder highlights can give when we begin layering them too much.

My two favorite combinations have been my Chaos Makeup Artist Glitter Free Highlight Duo in Natural and my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl overtop Benefit's Sun Beam. Out of the two my Chaos Makeup Artist duo is definitely brighter but both are gorgeous in my opinion. 

If I want my Becca X Benefit highlight to pop a little more though I spray a little MAC Fix+ or Smashbox Primer Water on my brush before dipping it into my powder. Wetting the brush makes the color payoff more intense and then the more you continue to warm the product into the skin the more luminous it will get as well.

If you didn't know now you know! happy highlighting. 

No comments :

Post a Comment