Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Marc Jacobs Cover(t) Stick - 310 Bright Now | Review


If I've said it before I'll say it again - everyone and their mother is coming out with color correctors to keep up with this quickly booming reenergized trend. Some are a bit more innovative than others which I'm totally okay with since sometimes I just want brands to keep me guessing and possibly think of something that will make my life even easier. 

This time around Marc Jacobs Beauty has definitely been one of those brands. Marc Jacobs has came out with three Cover(t) Sticks for color correcting. What makes them different is their two color marble swirl (to brighten and correct at the same time) and deodorant style shape and packaging. I'm not kidding when I tell you Marc actually modeled the design after his deodorant stick- we find inspiration in the least expected places sometimes don't we, kids. 


In that being said the shape is a lot bigger than any other corrector "stick" on the market which makes it great for quickly swiping over large areas such as the cheeks and forehead. Flipping it on its side and using the rounded corners also makes it easy for smaller areas like under the eyes although i feel like it's easiest to get into super small areas by rubbing some of the product onto your finger and dabbing it into pinpointed areas. Overall I found that it's a lot more quick and user friendly then I had originally assumed since it is pretty big in comparison to other like products. 

The Cover(t) Stick has a light coverage and a soft matte finish that really allows it to blend into the skin. I recently got Bright Now which is a pink and lavender swirl that effortlessly brightens dullness. When applied in a sheer layer onto the complexion it effortlessly neutralizes uneven tones and gives an amazing soft radiance. I love using it over the tops of my cheekbones and down the center of my nose in order to brighten and prep my skin before foundation, giving me a lovely base for highlighting. I just love the soft and subtle pick me up that it gives me and I've noticed I've had to contour less because the extra boost of brightness brings my natural contours out more.

The Cover(t) Stick definitely gets a thumbs up from me and it MIGHT even surpass my love for my Smashbox Don't be dull brightening color corrector... I'm not going to say for sure yet but, there is a chance. 

No comments :

Post a Comment