Thursday, March 3, 2016

Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation | Review


Although I am tried and true to my full coverage foundations I will occasionally come out of that box for the sake of experimentation. No one ever found something amazing by only sticking with the same old same, right?! I have nothing against foundations with less than medium-full coverage but, I have freckles that I prefer to hide most of the time and typically anything less just doesn't cut it enough for me. Every now and then a foundation will come out that peaks my curiosity and I will stray from my norms. 


Enter the Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation. Even though I have oilier skin soft luminous foundations have been catching my interest a bit more than usual lately. I'm not sure what it is but, I think I've just been loving the idea of makeup giving that clean glowing skin look despite my skin's ability to kind of do that naturally. I've found that I can find ways to mattify ALMOST anything enough to make it work for my skin type if I do some tweaking. 



The Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation is a light medium buildable coverage foundation with a luminous finish. The foundation is super lightweight and blends in like a dream. As soon as I started buffing it in it began to look like a second skin which I really love. It's hydrating but, not enough to make me any more oily than I am by the end of the day with any other foundation that I wear - A little blotting is enough to keep me intact throughout the day although I would not recommend this to someone who has a truly oily skin type. 

If someone loves the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer they will love this as a base that's a bit of a step up from that. The foundation sits beautifully and comfortably on the skin and really gives that natural lit from within glow to the complexion.

Although I don't think this is enough coverage for me personally I do think that I'll get a good amount of wear out of it on days where I'm just looking for a little bit less - those "no makeup, makeup days" if you will. 

No comments :

Post a Comment