Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My First Unique Time Piece | JORD Wood Watches (PLUS a Contest!)


In my entire 24 years of life I've never owned a proper watch or any real watch for that matter since I'm sure my old faux crystal Hello Kitty watch doesn't really count for much. I've been on the hunt for unique watches but as one could imagine it's a bit hard finding ones that really suit my style. There are only so many watch styles in the world that can pair well with a ripped up vintage tee OR a little black bodycon dress. I'm not one to readily switch up my accessories so the ones I do buy kind of have to be able to go with just about anything.

I like everything in my life to be a bit quirky and different so that goes for my accessories too. Enter, JORD Wood Watches. As soon as I saw their line of women's watches I knew I had to have one because although they are luxury watches they have a unique and edgy flair to them that you don't get from most high-end companies. All of their watches are as the name suggests made of natural wood and are adorned and accented with luxe materials such as the glass face's sapphire crystal glass. 



I got the Purpleheart & Mother of Pearl wrist watch from the Cora collection. The natural wood's burgundy purple hue perfectly pairs with my red hair and I love and appreciate how industrial meets sleek with the mother of pearl face that has a peep hole exposing the moving mechanics behind the watch.



The watch runs automatically after you wind it up so you never have to worry about the battery dying. The motion of your body keeps the watch working and I think that the fact that the front of the watch gives you a sneak peek behind the scenes and that the back of the watch is clear exposing all of the mechanics is so cool. This feature in my opinion is a key part in what makes this a unique wrist watch. 



At JORD they show that natural and sustainable can be luxe too and that you don't always need a gold plated watch to make a beautiful timeless statement. 

My watch has been the perfect summer accessory but I think that it will be more than perfect for the rest of the year as well because it's not just for summer style it's for my style. 

Currently JORD is also sponsoring a contest for a $75 e-voucher giveaway! Everyone who enters automatically wins a $20 e-gift card (excluding the winner) so it's like everyone wins a little something. The contest is open now until 9/11/2016.  -- click the link to enter https://www.woodwatches.com/g/lexilazaro 

($75 voucher expires 11/30/16 and $20 e-gift cards expire 1/31/17)

-->

No comments :

Post a Comment