Thursday, December 19, 2013

Things Relationships Have Taught Me


Hello, Loves! Over the years I've acquired a list of lost loves and a few pointers for down the road. I can't say I've always had amazing relationships my any means but, each one of them has taught me a lot.I've learned about myself and I might even dare to say I've scratched the surface of figuring out the male mind...well kind of. I want to share a few of the things I have learned with all of you so maybe it helps you figure things out a little too.

1.     Communication is key. Say what you feel whether it is good or bad. Your partner isn’t a mind reader and you can’t expect them to know what’s going on in your head. There has to be open communication for anything to even begin to work. Always talk it out to see where the other stands.

2.     Telling someone you love them is just as important as showing them. Everyone wants their feelings to be validated. Simply showing love isn’t enough for a partner to feel secure. Even when you think you are showing it well enough its important to still say it. Everyone likes hearing an “I love you” every now and then.

3.     If someone wants to make something happen then they will make it happen. Whether or not someone goes through with something says a lot about how they really feel. Trust me, I’ve done some crazy things for guys I’ve cared about. Every crazy thing I’ve done has been totally worth it too.

4.     Limitations of a relationship are only issues if you make them.  Not seeing someone all the time or not living very close to someone shouldn't be a huge issue. Yes, it might difficult but it’s only a test of strength. These limitations may be hard to get through but they aren’t things love, hard work and dedication cant overcome.  When you care about someone you can figure out how to make things work and how to get the most out of the time you get to spend together.

5.     Never say things you don’t mean. This goes for both positive and negative things. Never tell someone you like/love them when you don’t and don’t threaten someone just because you’re mad… its self-explanatory really. Don’t do it, it’s just fucked up man.  Don’t mess with the feels like that.

6.     If you aren't happy just leave. The longer you draw things out the longer you're going to hurt yourself and your partner. If you don’t you could end up resenting them and it could make the situation even more toxic. For instance you might decide the best course of action is to suffocate them in their sleep…yeah it isn’t.

7.     Never let someone else tell you who is good enough for you and who isn’t. No one should decide who they should be with based on money or status. When it comes down to it really it’s about finding someone who makes you happy, treats you well, and makes you smile. In theory money and power seem great but I don’t think they are worth being with someone you can’t stand.

8.     When it’s the right one its easy. I’m not saying that everything is going to be perfect when you find the right person because it won't but, things will be a lot smoother. You don’t have to try to make things that they aren’t. Everything just comes naturally and sacrifices aren't as hard to make. When it clicks it clicks and you don't feel like your trying to shove square pegs through circle holes. Believe me I've spent a lot of time trying to make the wrong guys the right ones and in retrospect no matter what I did nothing was ever going to change the fact that none of them were the one or even in the top three.

9.     Guys and girls work on completely different wavelengths. Girls will over analyze everything that is said and not said until they drive themselves completely insane. It’s actually quite impressive, we are like scholarly interpreters of boy talk BUT, it’s something we need to get away from. There isn’t a reason to stress over what is and isn't said… it is what it is and the guy isn't giving what he said a second thought.

There's that!I hope you liked it.
Until next time!

- Lexi

1 comment :