Sunday, February 16, 2014

The School Day Face


Hello, Loves! During the week when I have class I never have a lot of time to get ready. This is mostly because I use half of my time to check all my social medias and to give myself a pep talk out of bed. I see no point in doing my makeup to the hilt for class because by the end of the day I'm a greasy mess anyway. I'm not sure why considering the fact that I can work a whole shift and come out just as crisp as when I went in... life is strange. Either way I try to get ready in about 15-ish minutes on the days when I have class. I pop just enough makeup on to look decent and functioning. 

I start off with using my Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Cream in light medium. I apply it by sweeping on a thin layer with my fingers just to even out my skin. Then i come in with my Covergirl TruBlend Fixstick in fair just to brighten up my under eye and to highlight down the bridge of my nose. Everything gets buffed out with my Sephora airbrush concealer brush. This is great because it gives me a bit more coverage and helps to hide my pesky freckles which, I don't quite enjoy. Afterwards I set everything with my Makeup Forever HD Powder in 125 using the Sonia Kashuk 130 powder brush. Using the little brush it comes with I contour my cheeks, forehead, jaw line, and sides of my nose with the Benefit Hoola bronzer to give myself a little dimension. It's my holy grail bronzer I could never go a day without it. Then for a little splash of color and glow I put on my Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso with a Real Techniques blush brush. Since I can't leave the house without some shapely brows I use my NYX eyebrow kit in blonde and a small Covergirl angled brush to clean up the girls a bit.Focusing on the eyes, I add a little bit of the NYX Nude Matte Shadow in blame it on midnight to my crease with the Sephora airbrush crease brush. Afterwards, using the NYX liner gel in jet black and the same angled brush I used on my brows I wing out my liner. I top my eyes off with my Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in very black. I like to make my eyes simple yet still the focal point of the look because it makes me feel the most put together. Last but not least I glide on NYX Butter Balm in brownie to add a bit of color and hydration to the lips. When I'm all done I'm just throwing things into my bag and running out the door. Over all the makeup I wear for class is the watered down version of the makeup I would wear any other day minus a strong brow and a few other steps making it more light and clean. Rarely, is there a time when I go out completely bare faced... I care about the public too much to scare them like that.

Until next time!

- Lexi

No comments :

Post a Comment