Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


Hello, Loves! So I really can't pass up any product that promises a nice all day matte finish. Since I have oily skin matte is definitely a must when it comes to foundations. I have a serious fear of any foundation that might make me look like a shiny disco ball by the end of the day. So last week when I saw this Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation at the drugstore I knew I had to try it. I know it's been out for a little while now but, for whatever reason I never really got around to picking it up. The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is one of my holy grail products. I usually carry the powder with me everywhere I go for throughout the day touch-ups. With that being said I had pretty high hopes for this product and it definitely lived up to every single one. 

The consistency and texture of this foundation is spot on with the packaging's claim. It has a very light weight non-greasy texture that blends naturally for an all day matte finish. Less is more when using this product because it is a mousse it would be easy to make this foundation look cakey if you aren't careful and just go to town on your face. It only takes a few pea sized amounts to cover the face and to give medium to full coverage. When you first squeeze it out of the tube the foundation seems heavy but, once you start blending it in you can really begin to tell that it isn't heavy at all. When it comes to setting this foundation I just use a translucent setting powder. There really isn't any need for a full coverage or heavy powder because the foundation is already doing most of the work which, is great because it means there are less products you have to cake onto your face to give you your desired look. Since it is matte I would not recommend using this product to you if you have dry skin just because it may have a tendency to cling to any dry patches you may have and emphasize them. On the other hand I would recommend this foundation to anyone with any other skin type so long as you are free from dry patches. 

Overall this foundation made me a pretty happy camper. It's a great inexpensive everyday foundation that really lasts and gives great coverage. If you love to be matte you need to go scoop this up right now. It's slowly making its way into my top favorite foundations. 

Until next time!

- Lexi





No comments :

Post a Comment