Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Top 5 Ways to Go Nude | Lipsticks

Some of my favorite lipstick shades are nudes because they are so versatile. They can pull together a smokey eye or dress up a simple neutral look. It also doesn't hurt that they are easy to wear and you rarely have to worry about awkward bold color splotches or strange diseased looking fading. A little bit of color goes a long way, nudes show that its not only bolds that can be beautiful and eye catching. There are tons of shades and textures out there and everyone has a few that they are drawn to but, here are a few of my favorites in no seriously particular order that I would rock and repurchase again and again and again. 




MAC Honey Love
Honey Love was the first MAC/ high-end product that I ever bought so obviously it is a product I hold close for sentimental reasons but, also because even after all these years it is still one of my go-to colors. It's pinky-nude tone and matte finish really know how to give the perfect hint of color to balance any look your little heart desires. It also cruises the standard for matte MAC lipsticks with its creamy texture, 6-8 hr wear, and non-drying feeling on the lips.



MAC Kinda Sexy
Although the word "sexy" legitimately sends shivers down my spine in the most disturbing way from all the years of unoriginally being called "sexy Lexi" by everyone and their brother this lipstick brings me nothing but smiles. This matte finish neutral pinky rose lipstick glides on like butter and lasts for 6- 8 hours without being overly drying. It brings a beautiful warmth to the lips that truly awakens the face and gives healthy glow.



MAC Modesty
I never thought I would be so smitten with a cremesheen finish lipstick, but I am. This lipstick is a muted neutral pink with a little shimmer. It reminds me of a satin finish lipstick. Its both creamy and opaque but, unlike some of the more matte finish lipsticks the staying power is only about 4 hours. Although the shorter wear time might not be ideal as it wears it fades naturally and doesn't leave you with a weird ring of lipstick around your lips. 



L'Oreal Fairest Nude
I feel like this is somewhat of a drugstore cult classic, Fairest Nude is splattered against many a blog and makeup forum and for good reason. This creamy satin finish pinky beige lip color isn't just gorgeous, it's moisturizing, and leaves lips feeling soft. Between the color and the gentle shimmer there lies some elegance and class that just screams cocktail hour to me. Since its so creamy it doesn't last as long as other lipsticks (3-4 hrs) but, it fades well and is quick and easy to touch up. 


Tarte Lipsurgence Exposed
Exposed is a matte rose brown that really kicks any look into sultry mode. There is something about its warmth that truly screams mystery and a little sex appeal. It glides smoothly with opaque color and a light minty tingle. The mintiness goes away but the color lasts for hours (5 -6.) The formula is paraben free and engineered to hydrate your lips. I cannot say that it makes my lips feel hydrated but it doesn't dry them out either; regardless this color gives me a beautiful pouty look. As an added bonus I'd also like to mention that the crayon shaped packaging is quite easy to use and adorable. 

No comments :

Post a Comment