Friday, June 27, 2014

Los Angeles | Hidden Treasures Vintage


I know I have been totally slacking in the blogging department lately but, I have a somewhat decent excuse. Since the 17th I've been in LA for my friend Megan's birthday visiting our other friend Larissa. I haven't wanted to spend much time on the computer at all because I want to be able to spend as much quality time with them as possible. I've visited some pretty cool places while I've been here that I have surprisingly never been to before (I used to spend a ton of time here.) One in particular is this place right here. It's called Hidden Treasures and it is the cutest vintage shop tucked away in Topanga Canyon. 

It has tons of costumes, nik-naks, and other clothing and accessories dating all the way back to the 1920's and maybe earlier. It's all very visually stimulating and quite captivating. I think I may have spent more time looking at their decor than i did actual for sale items. 

 
There is an outside area and the inside has a lot of open ceilings with overgrown vines coming through which, gives the place an even more vintage and worn feel almost like you're going through an abandoned home. To top it off they even have old time circus esque music playing... it's pleasantly unsettling. Unfortunately for me that also meant that there were a lot of tiny creature friends residing around the shop (spiders and ants.) There weren't many of them but one little ant did fall on my face and I was a little more than upset about it haha.

I didn't end up picking anything up but, I would love to go back sometime soon so that I can. Since, it is a vintage shop and they basically did all the work of sifting through the goodwill rubble for you it is pricier than a thrift shop. The prices are decently reasonable for the most part and the definitely have some interesting finds that I don't think you could find anywhere else. The vibes there were so great. If anyone is ever in the Topanga Canyon area they absolutely need to go and it doesn't hurt that the ride up there is pretty interesting as well.  

No comments :

Post a Comment