Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bareminerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadow Review | Elegant Taupe


Bareminerals recently launched a new line of 10 neutral colored BB cream eyeshadows. They range from soft whites to warm brown tones, which can suit many different skin tones for a vast number of occasions and looks. These little wonders aren’t just beautiful but they also claim to have some pretty lovely effects on the skin. They are designed to have a 12-hour wear, work as a primer, brighten and smooth eyes, and to protect you from the sun with SPF 15. The Bareminerals BB Cream Eyeshadow is such an easy and practical product for anyone who is looking for an easy multifunctional eye product. 



In my July Ipsy Bag I was fortunate enough to get a sample of one of these little guys in Divine Wine and I loved it so much I ran to my nearest Sephora to check out the rest of the line. I ended up picking up Elegant Taupe which if you couldn't guess by the name is a beautiful taupe (mid range cool brown) color with light gold flecks of shimmer. The shimmer is so light and iridescent it gives a subtle eye catching gleam to the shadow. The taupe color is so cool and natural that I believe it has the ability to make any eye color pop but, I do think that this particular shade is more than likely best suited for warm olive-y skin tones. 


these cream shadows have a lovely buttery cream consistency that dries to a powder finish. It's so easy to apply that you could just blend it onto the lids for a quick and simple natural look or you could use it as a base for a long lasting beautiful day or night neutral smokey eye. Even alone it is possible to gradually build it up for a little more of a richer color. In terms of application I found that it's best to apply some of the shadow to the back of your hand and then use a brush or your finger to gently apply the color to your lids. This ensures that you don't apply too much product at once. This technique also helps to avoid creasing and achieve a natural blended look. 

Elegant Taupe as a base under Bronze from the Lorac Pro Palette with Sally Girl's Orange Crush mixed with Naked2 from the Naked Basics Palette in the crease and under eye. The look is topped off with Venus from the Naked Basics Palette on the brow bone.

This eyeshadow really delivers on everything that it claims or at least it does as far as I can tell. It lasts all day without creasing or making my eyelids look greasy. Under eyeshadows it works well to intensify color and create beautiful all day looks. I was actually surprised that it did also lighten my eyes. It wasn't something I noticed instantly but, I could definitely tell some increase in brightness after a few uses. I don't have wrinkly eyelids so I can't really tell if it decreased any fine lines or anything of that sort since they thankfully don't exist at the moment. Also, in terms of sun protection I've never burnt my eyelids so I suppose its working or at least it isn't hurting anything. 

I can't wait to try more of the colors from this line especially Soft Linen which, is a beautiful off white cream shade. Soft Linen looks like it would a beautiful brow bone highlight or base color for your lids.

No comments :

Post a Comment