Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #7


One thing that I have decided to do quite recently in life is to either learn to love my flaws or to change them in order to better myself. I'm dedicating today to a feature of mine that I have loathed since the dawn of my birth, FRECKLES. If anyone has known me for a decent length of time or has seen me without makeup on, they would know I have freckles. I have the freckles of a stereotypical child; they are primarily speckled about the tops of my cheeks and nose. Think Chucky Finster but a little bit more. They have always bothered me because by definition they are an imperfection. little speckles of discoloration courtesy of the sun, genetics, or a lovely cocktail of the two. Mine come from both. Genetically I have freckles yet, in the summer not only to they multiply but they also get darker. Imagine my pasty self white as a china doll with dark chocolate brown speckles smacked all across my face; it looks ridiculous. Fortunately for myself this is rarely an issue seeing as I am a hermit who prefers to stay out of the sun as much as possible. 


Anyway, my freckle shaming has gone on way too long and I have compiled a list of a few reasons freckles aren't really that bad and in some cases some may say this is a list of reasons on why freckles are pretty damn awesome. This is also for all my fellow freckled friends out there that wish they didn't exist. Maybe after reading well thought out list of cool freckle facts you can start liking yours too or at least maybe you'll stop hating them so much. 

1) Freckles are great for hiding other skin ailments such as spots and pimples. To the untrained freckle-less eye these little skin issues are virtually undetectable unless they are the big bulbous kind. For whatever reason they seem to just kind of blend in with all the other little speckles on your face, even when they are red they are seemingly less noticeable.  

2) So those spots we were talking about in point 1 scared (yikes!) but have no fear because now those spots are basically just freckles now. acne scars = freckles: look almost undetectably the same. BOOM. No one needs to know what a few of those "freckles" actually happen to be. 

3) Freckles make you look younger...Okay, maybe not younger in the way that you'd really want considering that typically freckles are associated with children but, one day when age catches up to you you'll be reminiscing on the days when you were 25 and still getting carded at the movies. 

4) Freckles make you look sweet and innocent. For whatever reason people occasionally assume that since you have freckles you must be one of God's darling little cherub babies that he sent down from heaven to sprinkle sunshine and rainbows onto the world. This of course being the case so long as you aren't a ginger... since for reasons beyond my control people assume gingers have no souls. Sure it might be annoying being called "adorable" all of the time but use this to your advantage. This is a simple no action way into tricking people into thinking you're the sweetest thing since cotton candy. 

5) Freckles can be hidden or they can be hidden which is pretty handy on days where you want to switch up your look. If you wanna look fresh and cute *BOOM* show them freckles. If you wanna look airbrushed and flawless *BOOM* throw some Make Up For Ever HD on your face. Let's be honest it's pretty versatile. Sure people could draw on freckles (Idk why people do that) but, they will never be able to capture the real organic essence of natural freckles. 

Now, I'm not saying that this list of pros makes freckles any more desirable if you hate them but, I mean they give you some reasons as to why they aren't as bad as we think they are after all. 

No comments :

Post a Comment