Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Becca X Jaclyn HIll Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector


Jaclyn Hill is back at it again with her collaboration with Becca to bring out her limited edition highlighter, Champagne Pop. In what may have been the world's smoothest highly anticipated launch, this collaborative highlight broke the record on Sephora.com for most sales on launch day. For that alone I just have to say congratulations to Jaclyn for such an amazing accomplishment. I think it's every makeup artist's dream to be able to have their products be so successful. Anyway, I was super excited to get my hands on this little gem because I'm always searching for the perfect highlight. I typically have issues finding ones that will actually show up on my pale little face so super pigmented, glowy highlights like this really get me excited. 




I don't know what it is about me and highlights in 2015 but, they have become my favorite makeup products next to lipsticks. I'm always on the hunt and I'm almost always layering at least two on my face at all times. It's hard to me to resist rubbing them all over my face but, Lord knows if I did I would just just look like a greasy mess so I restrain myself with the small amount of makeup self control I have left.   

Can anyone blame me for wanting to rub highlighter all over my face though?! - They can be so beautiful and Champagne Pop is no exception. This highlighter is a stunning pearly soft white gold with peachy pink undertones. It gives the face the perfect amount of sunkissed warmth while giving you that signature Jaclyn Hill lit from within glow that lasts all day. The consistency is so soft and creamy that it applies buttery smooth and blends seamlessly into the rest of your makeup without leaving any harsh lines. You can lay it on lightly for a sheer glow or you can build it up for a more intense pop which makes it great for transitioning from day to night. I think that Champagne Pop definitely makes a statement but, it's still natural enough to be a part of your everyday makeup routine. 

I'm so glad I got to add this to my collection because there is something effortlessly simple and chic about this highlight. I'm shocked no one thought of creating a color like this before (and if they have please direct me to it because I want that one too.)

No comments :

Post a Comment