Thursday, September 3, 2015

Jeffree Star Celebrity Skin v. Celebrity Skin 2.0


Jeffree Star's Celebrity Skin is my favorite go to nude lip color. If you didn't know that by now for some strange reason you must be living under a rock or have never read this blog before because I feel like I rant about it 24/7. I think it must seem like I slide this little gem into every post I can which is probably about 95% accurate. When I found out Celebrity Skin was being restocked I was excited but, when I heard that they were reformulating it I started to get really interested.


[Left: OG Celebrity Skin | Right: New Celebrity Skin]

Jeffree Star Cosmetics announced that when Celebrity Skin relaunched that it would be a stronger more opaque formula. This reformulation obviously tweaked the shade just a bit creating a slightly deeper soft brown with a peach undertone. Where the original Celebrity Skin was a bit more peach, the new formula comes off a bit more brown. I believe they may have done this because with the original formula the color was a bit light and difficult to really see when wet on the lips right after applying. Now the color is much more visible and opaque upon it's initial application making it a bit easier to apply although, I always thought the original was fine until I compared the application to the new one and saw the difference that it made. The formulation and texture are exactly the same, it's just that the color being more opaque really helped the effortlessness of the process. 

[Top: New Celebrity Skin | Bottom: OG Celebrity Skin]

I'm totally about the change because I think that it has not only allowed the color to be easier to apply but it also allowed it to be even more flattering on a multitude of complexions. Maybe if Celebrity Skin was too light on you before try out the new formula because you might just get along with it a bit better. 

No comments :

Post a Comment