Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Posh Spice | Review


Mmm, yes, another nude lip I'm sure you're shocked and amazed by this very rare turn of events...or not, probably not since nude lips are my favorite thing in the world and I talk about them all the time. What you may find shocking though is that I was actually really on the fence about this purchase because I had no clue how it was really going to look. I'd seen a lot of swatches online leading up to the launch and obviously it looked different on everyone. I couldn't get a grasp on what it would really look like on me but, being coaxed by free shipping I bought it anyway. 

The purchase turned out to be a success in my eyes in case you were wondering. Obviously, the formula of Posh Spice has that signature Jeffree Star lightweight feel, creamy texture, and excellent wear time (I've gotten them to last up to 10 hrs!) I have no issues with the color bleeding or smudging even while eating which is great. Occasionally you may need to touch up after eating something super greasy but, it's never anything major since the fading isn't typically super noticable. Reapplication is still easy as ever and it takes some serious (and unnecessary) layering to get it to make your lips feel tar-like. 

The color of Posh Spice is that "greige" color which has seemed to become a pretty popular shade this past year. I love it because it's a simple kind of edgy color that demands to be noticed without being over the top and in your face. It makes it a pretty easy color to wear for day or night and dare I say it could be an everyday shade. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this color during the fall because it's making a perfect match to the whole 90's grunge smokey eye that I have been really into lately. I'm ready for a 90's comeback flannel shirts and all. Seriously.

Vegan, cruelty free, paraben free, and gluten free, These Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks are a great and safe makeup choice for all those beauty conscious babes out there or anyone just looking for a gorgeous lip. I'm already stoked for Androgyny and Dominatrix. 

No comments :

Post a Comment