Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Favorites | Current Favorite Skincare Products


Since January is national skincare month I thought I would start this year's favorites out with talking about some of my current favorite skincare products. Ya know, I just thought it would be the proper thing to do. Skincare is the basis of good makeup and sometimes I don't think it gets enough recognition from people because not everyone finds it to be all that exciting. I find that to be a ridiculous thing to believe though because I think nice skin is very very exciting. 

When you find products that work for you and you see your skin transform I think it's pretty flippin exciting because it makes you feel entirely different about yourself. Personally, I think I get more of a confidence boost when people compliment my skin rather than just compliment how well I do makeup because honestly it's been a lot harder for me to deal with my skin than it has been to do makeup. 

This isn't my skincare routine or anything like that but, these are some of my favorite overall skincare products that I like to use rotationally.

Boscia Makeup Breakup - First things first, I have to talk about my favorite makeup cleansing oil. Makeup Breakup is the best product I've come across for breaking down makeup. I use this every night before my cleanser and sometimes in the morning to break down any excess oils my skin produced while I slept. It's quick, easy, and even breaks down waterproof makeup effortlessly. 

Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask - This mask is a newer addition to the family. I love that it's a mask and a chemical peel all in one. Pop it on for 10 minutes once a week and it helps with texture, pores, and overall radiance. Yes, there is a very slight tingle but, it doesn't burn or itch like many other peels do. I use it every Sunday and for the rest of the week my makeup goes on so much better than before I started regularly using this mask. 

Ole Henriken Walnut Complexion Scrub - I'm all about exfoliators... you might just notice that in this post. The walnut complexion scrub is my favorite physical exfoliator. I'll use this occasionally once during the week if I feel like my makeup isn't sitting right or if my skin is looking a little dull. It gives me that instant pick me up for smooth, bright skin.

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser - The Boscia Black Cleanser has been my daily cleanser for almost a year now. I love how it's detoxifying but gentle, never leaving my skin feel tight or stripped. It has a slightly warming sensation that I love in order to help open the pores and pull out any impurities. 

Caudalie Polyphenol Overnight Detox Oil - An overnight treatment that helps to boost the cell renewal process in order to give you smoother and more resilient skin. The perfect way to hydrate and heal your skin at the same time. I always wake up with plump, smooth skin every time I use this. I find it perfect for when my skin is hormonally trying to destroy my life because it really calms my skin.

Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel Pads - I have to say that these peels are an all in one miracle product. They retexturize, help to clear breakouts, brighten, minimize pores, and firm the skin. They are great as a daily treatment or as an occasional pick me up. I like to use them at night before bed because that's when our skin heals the most but, they also work well before applying makeup so you can get a really smooth base.

Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum - Combo/oily girls need hydration too because it helps to balance out the oils in our skin. I don't use a ton of moisturizers because during the day I use an acne treatment lotion as my moisturizer and at night I tend to use oils so I use this during the day under my acne treatment to give me a boost of hydration. I love it because not only does it quickly melt into the skin but it also leaves me glowing and feeling plump in all the right ways.

May Coop Raw Sauce - Ever since looking into k-beauty skincare I've been obsessed with hydrating essence because not only does it boost hydration but it also allows all of your other products to work better by allowing them to penetrate deeper into the skin. Who wouldn't love a product that makes the rest of your skincare work better!? Raw Sauce feels like it would be a bit thick but it actually absorbs into the skin almost instantly so you can pop any other skincare you want on top right after. 

I'm always on the hunt for new products but these products have been treating me pretty well lately. 

No comments :

Post a Comment