Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Favorites | January 2016 Favorites


The first month of the year is already coming to a close and I'd have to say it's been a lot more busy than I thought it would be. My productivity has been exceptionally high for the most part which is pretty shocking to me since typically the winter months turn me into a slug. Seriously the winter makes me so lazy but lately it's more like I have so much going on there just aren't enough hours in the day. 

I've also been playing with tons of makeup lately; Some old, some new, overall just lots of playing around. With all the new makeup launches that have been going on I've had to show a lot of self restraint so I can make up for my holiday deficit. It's been hard not ripping every new piece of makeup I want from the shelves but I think I've been doing pretty well. I've definitely found some core makeup pieces recently that have been keeping my mind off of all of the makeup I have yet to purchase. 

Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette - I haven't put this palette down since I got it. It's quickly became an everyday staple in my makeup routine. As much as I know I need to branch out and use more than just warm neutrals in my eye looks I just can't and honestly this palette is largely to blame. I think it's absolutely gorgeous and the pigment and quality of these shadows are absolutely amazing. The shades Rebel and Leader are my absolute favorites, they give me serious heart eyes.

Becca Cosmetics Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl - As a pretty pale individual highlights don't always show up very well on me. When it comes to highlighters the brighter the better obviously and it doesn't get much brighter than this. Pearl is creamy, pigmented, and it gives me the perfect glow. I only own a hand full of highlighters I truly love and this one has quickly became one of them. 

Nars Audacious Mascara - I feel like this is a product people hate or love because well it either works or it doesn't without any "kinda-sorta" middle ground. If you have thin lashes this just isn't going to work. I'm not even going to lie it's going to be a total mess but, if you've got thicker lashes you're golden. It gives the perfect amount of length and volume. I love putting it on my lower lashes when I wear falsies because it creates a great amount of balance to my look. I'm still shocked I love this mascara as much as I do because before I tried it on myself i was not a fan.

Flutter Lashes Ersatz Premium Synthetic Lashes in 823 - I love false lashes because they can really change a look. They make everything look more polished and allows your look to come together more full circle. These are probably one of the more dramatic pairs of lashes that I own and they have quickly become my favorites. I think I'm going to have to grab a few more pairs because I'm already dreading the day they fall apart. I've worn them a solid 5/6 times so far and they are holding up pretty well. I could probably use these to fly away and I think about it often. 

I might not have a ton of favorites this month but I've seriously been obsessing over each one of these things! 

No comments :

Post a Comment