Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sephora Collection Lip Masks | Review

Like I talked about in my Makeup Tip Monday Post, I've been all about lip care lately. Keeping my lips soft and smooth has been the name of the game lately. I think it's a key part of having an even and clean looking lipstick application. Lord knows that trying to get a liquid lipstick, especially a dark shade, to sit right on dry lips is a total nightmare. No one wants that so always remember lips need love and care too. 



We are in a time where's a sheet mask to treat just about anything and I'm really not mad about it. I find masks to be not only fun but super relaxing. If I didn't think doing a mask every night would in some way strongly dissatisfy my skin I would but, we all know that too much of a good thing is very real. Lip masks in this form have also been popping up more frequently and it seems like Sephora Collection has expanded their sheet mask line to have them as well. 

Sephora Collection has come out with two lip sheet masks in shea (protecting and repairing) and rose (moisturizing and softening.) They are single use bio-cellulose sheet masks packaged in super soothing serum that leaves your lips feeling healthy and soft despite which style you choose. The shea mask is great for relieving chapped lips where as the rose is perfect for getting your lips kissably soft. In my opinion both are pretty comparable so either way you really can't go wrong. 

The mask itself is encased between two pieces of mesh like plastic. When applying the mask I recommend peeling each side off very carefully so that it doesn't stick to itself. Since the mask itself is jelly-like and thin I found that taking off both sides of the protective sheets too quickly made it too hard to put on because the mask folded in on itself. 

When I use these Sephora Collection Lip Masks I leave them on for about 15 - 30 minutes unless I'm binge watching Cutthroat Kitchen which in that case I may leave it on till it starts feeling like their is no serum left in the mask. Afterwards my lips feel soft and plump - I'm obsessed. 

These masks have quickly become some of my favorite products and I've been adding them to my skincare routine bi-weekly. I definitely think that these will come in handy on flights as well since the air in the cabin tends to be stale and dry while flying. 

Needless to say I'll be stocking up on these $3 mirical workers, specifically the shea ones because like I said I find them both to do about the same good job and I'm petty and find the packaging colors to be way more appealing. 

No comments :

Post a Comment