Thursday, April 21, 2016

Wet n' Wild Velvet Matte Lip Color | Review


My drugstore shopping has been at an all time low within the recent past months because honestly I just haven't had much time to peruse as much as I would like. When I get the chance to go into a drugstore for any reason though I have to at least take one little walk down the cosmetic aisle. When it comes to drugstore goodies I don't get to check up on drugstore makeup launches and newness as much as I would prefer but I usually have no problem finding things I've never played with or seen before. 



The Wet n' Wild Velvet Matte Lip Colors seemed pretty up my alley so I figured I would give them a whirl. I'd never really heard anything about them but honestly I didn't have anything to lose so I picked up three shades - Hickory Smoked, Nude Streak, and Charred Cherry. 


The Wet n' Wild Velvet Matte Lip Colors are lightweight and creamy. They sit softly and comfortably on the lips. The matte texture isn't drying at all so have no fear if that typical matte feeling doesn't tickle your fancy. The color payoff is on the lighter side though. The color never becomes opaque and if your lips aren't exfoliated the color can look a bit patchy when you try to build it up, especially with the darker shades. On the other hand one or two swipes across the lips is enough to give a little wash of color to the lips if you're looking for something soft and subtle.  

I'd like to think that I'm the type of person that when it comes to makeup I'll try just about anything at least once. I feel like every product has to work for someone because if it didn't there's a good chance it wouldn't exist. Not to say that I find the Wet n' Wild Velvet Matte Lip Colors to be offensive or anything like that but they just aren't for me. 

The amount of color payoff these Wet n' Wild Velvet Matte Lip Colors have just isn't there for me. No matter what I did the color just would not look clean and even so lipliner was a must. They would wear for about two hours or so before the wear would become a bit sketchy. As they would fade they would cling to any dry patch they could on my lips and then fade off everywhere else. This wasn't as noticeable when I didn't try to build up the color but, as someone who likes full on opaque lipsticks there was just no getting on with this product unfortunately. 

I think that someone who is into subtle color may enjoy these more than I personally did. 


No comments :

Post a Comment