Monday, January 20, 2014

Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel Review


Hello, Loves! So recently Revlon came out with a scented nail polish collection. I don't really know why someone would want scented nails unless they were trying to trick people into thinking that they regularly wash their hands. Nonetheless, I figured it could be an interesting venture so I picked up a few to try out and share with all of you. The line has three different lines, Freshes, Fruits & Florals, and Sweets & Spices. There are 16 polishes and each bottle is shaped like a cute little perfume and labeled with it's scent right on the front. The scent isn't detectable until the nail polish dries so don't bother opening the bottles to sniff them. Each of the polishes has a very unique scent but all of them have a decently long lasting wear. Despite the ball shaped topper it is actually quite easy to grip and the shorter brush design gives you a lot of control. 



Autumn Spice is part of the Sweets & Spices line and it truly lives up to its name. It smells like warm apples and cinnamon and I seriously cannot get enough. Its perfect for the fall and winter in scent and in color. Its a burnt copper shade and the flecks of red and brown within the polish remind me of leaves. Out of all of the polishes this one takes the least amount of coats to become opaque. Personally, I would do two coats of polish but you could definitely get away with just one.



  
Bordeaux is also a part of the Sweets & Spices line. It smells like a dry red wine as the name and color suggests. This polish really brings out my inner wino. I love wine and I simply adore this deep red wine color. Unfortunately out of all the polishes I got this one is the only one that doesn't have a lasting scent. After application the scent stayed for about a half an hour before fading away. To me this was unfortunate but for someone who isn't a fan of the scent of wine it would be great because if they wanted the color they wouldn't have to deal with the scent very long. Just like the rest of the polishes I will mention, this color needs about 2-3 coats of polish to become opaque. 



Spun Sugar is the last polish that I got from the Sweets & Spices line. Let me start off by saying I absolutely adore this pewter shade. The luster that it has is simply gorgeous. The downfalls are that one, the polish is very streaky. Try as I might I wasn't really able to get rid of the brushstrokes. Two, this smells nothing like spun sugar. I'm obsessed with the smell of cotton candy. For God's sake my perfume is Pink Sugar. I know what it should smell like and this doesn't even come close. This polish smells like an old lady's perfume. If your 700 year old great aunt hugged you at a family reunion you'd be smelling this scent. I really can't stand the scent if you can't tell but at least its pretty and unless I'm putting my hands in my face I don't really notice the smell. 




Lavender Soap is from the Freshes line. It's a beautiful opalescent pink toned lavender. The issue I had with this polish is the same issue that I had with Spun Sugar. I couldn't get the brushstrokes to go away. The lines aren't as noticeable with this polish but they are still evident. Out of all the polishes the scent of this one is the strongest. Your hands really smell like you washed them with lavender soap. If you really wanted to and you're lazy, you could trick people into thinking you washed your hands when you really didn't...but you probably shouldn't do that because that's disgusting. Just because you're hands smell fresh doesn't mean they are so washing your hands is still necessary. 




Lastly, I picked up Pink Pineapple from the Fruits & Florals line. This creamy cotton candy pink shade smells exactly like pina coladas. It's fantastic and if you can't tell I'm all about the booze scented polishes. Unlike Bordeaux the scent actually lasts. Everything about this polish is so cute and feminine. This will be great for the upcoming spring and summer months. 


Yes, the whole scented nail polish thing is really gimmicky and certainly not for everyone but I do enjoy this collection. Overall the colors are quite beautiful and there is a pretty decent range to choose from. The scents are hit or miss but none of them are so overpowering that they take away from the polish's color or wear. 



Until next time!
-Lexi 

2 comments :

  1. I got some of the Avon scented nail varnishes a while ago as a present & I was weirdly excited by the idea of having scented nails! I was so disappointed though as I couldn't really smell anything & they took forever to dry so I gave up with them :( I might have a look at these though, even if they don't smell they might have a better colour range with a shorter drying time.
    Love the blog btw :)

    Steph
    OhanaSteph.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like smelling my nails when I have these on... probably more than I should haha. I've never tried any of avon's polishes before but the dry time on these is pretty decent. & thank you :)

      Delete